Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as the Kane and Ronaldo fiascos were disappointing, I think this now means we’re in pole position to sign Haaland next summer. With Lukaku at Chelsea, Ronaldo at Utd and Mbappe going to Madrid next summer, we have the clearest gap he can fill. Dortmund won’t sell to Bayern, and Barcelona dont have the finances to do the deal.

In the long run, you’ve got to say £64m for a 21-year old Haaland is a much better outcome than paying £120m for Kane or £600k/week for a 36 year old

Still think we’ll win the league this year even without a big-name striker
I reckon its PSG.. they seem to give zero craps about spending as much as they have to. We do care.. we don't like being fleeced anymore

City do a deal for haaland in 4 days, come on, think about it for 5 minutes and we all realise it simply isn't happening.
Maybe negotiations have been going on behind the scenes for sometime. Can Dortmund really afford to lose Haaland next season for 50 mil less.

As much as the Kane and Ronaldo fiascos were disappointing, I think this now means we’re in pole position to sign Haaland next summer. With Lukaku at Chelsea, Ronaldo at Utd and Mbappe going to Madrid next summer, we have the clearest gap he can fill. Dortmund won’t sell to Bayern, and Barcelona dont have the finances to do the deal.

In the long run, you’ve got to say £64m for a 21-year old Haaland is a much better outcome than paying £120m for Kane or £600k/week for a 36 year old

Still think we’ll win the league this year even without a big-name striker
Not sure that Dortmund will have any say where he goes , but time will tell.

And I would imagine the deal next summer will be far more expensive than it would have been this summer if it becomes an auction in terms of wages and agent fees.

I’m sure he knows the ways he can use a player better than me, but he also said Torres can play as a striker, and we have seen that not working out well. Anyway, I guess we just gotta have faith, again
ffs give Torres a chance! He is only 21 playing in a new role in the hardest league. He has got all the instincts just needs a run of games to see if he is the solution

Not sure that Dortmund will have any say where he goes , but time will tell.

And I would imagine the deal next summer will be far more expensive than it would have been this summer if it becomes an auction in terms of wages and agent fees.
Yup I suspect Chelsea will try again, PSG, Bayern, Real Madrid.. it will be a shit show.

We have made some incredibly astute moves in the market over the last decade plus, Kompany, Zabba, Silva, Kun, KDB, Sterling, Walker, Ederson etc.

But sometimes you have to pay the big, big money for that very special player, the proverbial final pieces of the jigsaw.

We have a magnificent team, one of the greatest domestic teams ever created, but to go to that final upper level, we need a striker, and a great striker and that is going to cost.

It just seems unlike our club to not have something else lined up - yes Kane may have been the 1st choice. But Pep said that Levy wasn't even attempting to negotiate on a transfer

Surely this means we started to look somewhere else......are we biding our time giving the other clubs the limelight first and then on the last day of the window, bang City bring someone in

Fingers crossed

City do a deal for haaland in 4 days, come on, think about it for 5 minutes and we all realise it simply isn't happening.
Months and months ago, I made a post here that was a bit of a conspiracy theory saying that the whole Harry Kane story could be a smoke screen to work something with Haaland in the background. But that it needed to be done in the most convincing way, everyone needed to believe Kane really was our target, and for that we would even need to use the player. Well, that happened lol. I always thought that if the club had come up with Haaland as the main target, they would never want to let this play in the media. Of course it’s still a conspiracy. But there have been some strange moves, small things, that make you wonder. And maybe stuff we will look back and realize was evidence all along

What has that £872k a week come from? Sounds suspiciously made up
Italian press reporting £25m a week after tax, which is £872k a week gross.

He was earning £28m after tax at Juve.

The £480k a week reported in the UK press works out at £25m a year, they quoting the net figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.