Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
So clubs that have won fuck all for years are laughing at the most successful club in England over the last decade? This place is priceless sometimes.

Like I said, the names aren’t going to change from the ones we had this summer. If a new name appears, people will say “he only had one good season” — it’s what they say in the Vlahovic thread, for instance. So it seems we’re looking at another summer of long negotiations or big splash of money at one target and leaving other positions left alone.
Part of the reason PSG had a spectacular summer is because they failed to win a league title that should be merely a formality and didn’t reach the UCL final. Let’s assume we have a poor season, do we ever see us having a revolutionary summer like that? The whole “trust the process” mentality worries me in what it could mean in the long term.
We have made some incredibly astute moves in the market over the last decade plus, Kompany, Zabba, Silva, Kun, KDB, Sterling, Walker, Ederson etc.

But sometimes you have to pay the big, big money for that very special player, the proverbial final pieces of the jigsaw.

We have a magnificent team, one of the greatest domestic teams ever created, but to go to that final upper level, we need a striker, and a great striker and that is going to cost.

As much as the Kane and Ronaldo fiascos were disappointing, I think this now means we’re in pole position to sign Haaland next summer. With Lukaku at Chelsea, Ronaldo at Utd and Mbappe going to Madrid next summer, we have the clearest gap he can fill. Dortmund won’t sell to Bayern, and Barcelona dont have the finances to do the deal.

In the long run, you’ve got to say £64m for a 21-year old Haaland is a much better outcome than paying £120m for Kane or £600k/week for a 36 year old

Still think we’ll win the league this year even without a big-name striker

I'm sure there'll come a day when we look back on all this and laugh ourselves silly about it. That day can't come quick enough. In the meantime, I hope we start learning from our mistakes, because this window has been a genuine shitshow.
I felt the same way after we missed out on Sanchez. Look at how that turned out.

Other fans laughed when we refused to pay Sanchez £500k a week.

Other fans laughed when we wouldn’t pay £130m for Pogba.

Other fans laughed when we wouldn’t pay £47m for Fred.

Other fans are laughing now that we wouldn’t pay £872k a week for Ronaldo.

While they’re laughing, we’ve won 3 titles in 4 years while United have won none ;-)
Embarrassing isn't, being arsed at what other fans think, because they keep telling you they've won the transfer window every season. Comical

What has that £872k a week come from? Sounds suspiciously made up
It came from Italian sources. They quoted his salary. However Italians tend to quote after tax so it was back calculated by somebody to £872k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.