Players who might improve us

Franck Kessie - AC Milan

Fernandinho replacement?

Currently both player and Milan negotiating a renewal as Kessie is out of contract next summer 2022. However player wants €7-million per year salary and Milan have maxed out at offering €6-million. Rumours of Spurs, Liverpool and PSG interested.

He got 13 goals last season and 4 assists, his best so far in his career. Passing is very good so suitable for our system and demonstrates high energy levels.
Apparently he is a total professional off the pitch and a family man, the type of player the club prefer.

Did not move in this end of summer transfer window.

Wishlist for next summer (not counting striker because that's obvious):

- DM Aurelien Tchouameni - 21 yo - Monaco: Elite tackles, interceptions, recovery, aerial win, successful dribble rates. He can be molded in the best DM in the world in a year or two. Final 3rd is a weakness.

- LB Owen Wijndal - 21 yo - AZ: Highly experienced, full international and a captain for his club. Really strong attacking and possession based rates. Elite pressure percentage, defensively.

- CM Houssem Aouar - 23 yo - Lyon: CM isn't really a need but with Gundo and KDB 30+, it will be something to keep an eye on. Aouar fits our team like a glove in my opinion.

Wishlist for next summer (not counting striker because that's obvious):

- DM Aurelien Tchouameni - 21 yo - Monaco: Elite tackles, interceptions, recovery, aerial win, successful dribble rates. He can be molded in the best DM in the world in a year or two. Final 3rd is a weakness.

- LB Owen Wijndal - 21 yo - AZ: Highly experienced, full international and a captain for his club. Really strong attacking and possession based rates. Elite pressure percentage, defensively.

- CM Houssem Aouar - 23 yo - Lyon: CM isn't really a need but with Gundo and KDB 30+, it will be something to keep an eye on. Aouar fits our team like a glove in my opinion.
Some of us have been championing Aouar since the autumn of 2018, but he’s never arrived and we’ve had Foden come through and now signed Grealish. Not to be methinks.

Some of us have been championing Aouar since the autumn of 2018, but he’s never arrived and we’ve had Foden come through and now signed Grealish. Not to be methinks.
I feel Foden will be predominantly a front 3 player for the first half of his career. Grealish, yes, I can see him at LCM. Still if Bernardo leaves next summer, I think CM might be a position we look at.

Last edited:
There is something off with Aouar. There has to be, hes been on the market for months. Lyon have been desperate to sell or even loan him and still people went elsewhere.

There is something off with Aouar. There has to be, hes been on the market for months. Lyon have been desperate to sell or even loan him and still people went elsewhere.
Most peculiar, particularly when you see how many players have moved in from OL in recent seasons. He doesn’t have an injury history to concern suitors and regularly notches up 30 games per season, which I always use as the indicator of how important a player is to his team. His agency is the same as that of Laporte, Stones, and Ake, so speaking about him wouldn’t have been difficult. With his contract up in 2023, I’d imagine OL will be keen either to extend or sell. He’ll only turn 24 next summer!

I feel Foden will be predominantly a front 3 player for the first half of his career. Grealish, yes, I can see him at LCM. Still if Bernardo leaves next summer, I think CM might be a position we look at.
It may depend on how long it takes for Foden to fill out. He’s still rather coltish and at risk if put in the middle. Guardiola also likes to develop the younger players‘ understanding of the game by starting their careers in wider positions, but there’s only so long you can keep players there before they gravitate to their preferred areas. The fact that Foden possesses a natural goalscoring instinct, and that rare willingness to go beyond the defence, means he‘ll probably end up in the middle sooner rather than later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.