It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course we'll have to disagree when you pluck strawman arguments out of the air about what I might have done in a hypothetical scenario. If you think the club is above criticism, fair enough, there's no point continuing a conversation.
I’m still not sure if you’ve said who you want, or were Ings and Daka your secondary targets ?

I think the point is that any of the options available at what would represent market value and not letting city get ripped off were no better than playing with the talented players we have already.

What was available potentially - (Kane & Haaland this summer, fake Ronaldos wages - which believe me are more than the advertised 500k per week). Messi is an odd one but I do think we had drawn a line under that one and wouldn’t enter into negotiation from a deal previously on the table.

Anything else out there wasn’t worth it - unles you really think Daka or ings et al are an upgrade on Jesus, Torres or even Delap.

I think this summer was about value for money, grealish aside (still think him and foden is a pairing from hell for opposition defences). And there was nothing near value for money this summer.
Do you think that apart from the ones you mention every single striker or even forward would be as incompetant as our so called strikers in converting good chances into shots on target?

Do you think that apart from the ones you mention every single striker or even forward would be as incompetant as our so called strikers in converting good chances into shots on target?
Maybe they would ,maybe they wouldn't. Except that's not tho whole story when we target players. The reason we make so many chances is the style of play of the team and every part of the team has apart to play and if the striker isn't suitable to be part of that no matter what other attributes they have Pep won't want them.
It's the reason I think Pep wanted Kane and probabaly didn't want those otheres named.

Maybe they would ,maybe they wouldn't. Except that's not tho whole story when we target players. The reason we make so many chances is the style of play of the team and every part of the team has apart to play and if the striker isn't suitable to be part of that no matter what other attributes they have Pep won't want them.
It's the reason I think Pep wanted Kane and probabaly didn't want those otheres named.
Thanks for reply.
Perhaps the type of player our team is used to needs to change when say Pep looks for a pure striker?
Certainly Haaland and Kane don't seem similar to our type so maybe we need just someone who manages to hit the target with chances and therefore has at least a chance of scoring.
His job will be to pass into the net others can pass to each other.

Thanks for reply.
Perhaps the type of player our team is used to needs to change when say Pep looks for a pure striker?
Certainly Haaland and Kane don't seem similar to our type so maybe we need just someone who manages to hit the target with chances and therefore has at least a chance of scoring.
His job will be to pass into the net others can pass to each other.
Agree Haaland and Kane are different, possibly he just thinks Haaland would be somebody he can't say no to, or now wev'e missed Kane we are looking beyond Pep.Or perhaps we don't want Haaland at all and Pep believes Torres can be a 20 goals plus striker in his team, which wouldn't surprise me. Guess it's wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.