Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on the lad, doesn't it. If Mino's involved, then he holds all the cards against us. If the lad does seem to want to join, then... how would you really know that was the truth? He's young and smart, and well advised. It's easy to use a club to get a bigger salary from elsewhere.

If the word was he was interested, then you can bet Mino will extract every last penny from Txiki and co. They would have to put their fate squarely in his hands. He could just laugh at them and fuck them over publicly yet again, despite Erling maybe never even for a second having thought seriously about anywhere but Real.

It's like... hmm. Here's how I see it. What happened with the super league, we fucked the others over, took them over the point of signing the contracts, then dumped them and acted contrite to UEFA and the FA. The biggest losers in reputation where Perez, and the American owners of Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool, Spurs. The only one who actually lost their job, was Woodward. Woodward being Mino's perenial cash cow. Perez being the one with the agreement in place for Haaland.

You see how inadvertently, we'd aligned Mino and Perez. PSG stayed at the top of the tree in terms of UEFA positions. Mino worked wonders for them, Perez knowing this means he will take Mbappe to Real. Mino now holds that last card in the game, the ace of spades, Haaland.

It's a power game. We won the first round, hilarious little bluff that one. We lost the second, when we went back to Levy & Spurs, who were also stung by our about face in the superleague. We folded before the river, left ourselves short going forward, and Spurs looking defiant and stronger. Then Utd pulled a fast one. Didn't mind because it looked poor for PSG/Real/Mino regarding Mbappe replacements. But really - Mino is sitting there with the whole game in his right pocket, waiting for us to start betting.

He could easily just play nice and give it to us for a high price. That could be the true answer for his 'business'. But realistically, we've upset a lot of people. Even him - look back to Txiki/Pep/Ibra. Sure, they say there's no problem, but you really wanna believe that?

The problem is that our scalp is valuable. Destabilising and making fools out of us yet again, would be a token highly valued by members of that extensive list of influential high profile owners and chairmen who may want to hurt us, stop us, for professional and personal reasons..

Really, City's best choices here for me are -

1. Chairman says. It's do or die. Fuck this up and I can't protect you, this is your standing as a result of your dealings in this market. You made this bed and will now lie on it.

2. Let a different person handle this one, not the usual guys. And do so publicly.

3. Go elsewhere. Anyone think Kane looks like a good fit LOL?

Anyway, that's my thruppence. I won't be waiting for news. It will please some of you to hear I'm taking a break from the club and board for a bit. The Mendy thing has confused thing - how I percieve last year's heroics - and left me questioning who we are as a club. Evans, Bannell, Johnson, Robinho, Mendy, is quite a list, and others have fallen for the high life in different ways.... should we be doing something different here? Anyway, I'm going to let the dust settle on that, and get off the hamster wheel.

we will probably be looking to sell 1 or 2 players next summer anyway, so the haaland cost wouldn't be that terrible.

I personally think that it may not be a bad thing that he hasn't moved this window, now the pressure will be on him to perform this coming season as well, then that will then determine the wages that he can demand.

He will not really be classed as "just potential" if he hit the heights of last season, however If he fails to hit the net so often, and maybe Sancho leaving might have a detrimental effect on his supply, they might need to recalculate their demands then. Time will only tell.

Depending on Dortmund’s progress in the CL, and their League position, in January he may be available at a price FAR exceeding his release clause.

As far as his team turning down a deal in January, I doubt it if the teams he is interested in come begging.

It would make the most sense for Dortmund to try to have their cake and eat it too. See if Haaland can get them secure in top 4 this season and sell him for a few above his release clause anyway to maximize their financial situation. This summer was always too early because it would take such a massive fee to make it worth Dortmund’s risking not making next seasons CL

Can’t see him signing for City. Although Twitter is full of shit, I keep seeing reports that he’s already agreed to his next move and that won’t be City considering we’ve been after Kane all summer. Can only see him going to Madrid. It’s a difficult scenario to be in, we’ve got Delap who is so good for his age and it would no doubt impact him if we signed Haaland. That’s why I think we preferred to sign Kane as Delap would have time to develop to eventually take over Kane.

Can’t see him signing for City. Although Twitter is full of shit, I keep seeing reports that he’s already agreed to his next move and that won’t be City considering we’ve been after Kane all summer. Can only see him going to Madrid. It’s a difficult scenario to be in, we’ve got Delap who is so good for his age and it would no doubt impact him if we signed Haaland. That’s why I think we preferred to sign Kane as Delap would have time to develop to eventually take over Kane.
I get your reasoning, but I don't think we were paying 120m for Kane to be a stop-gap for Delap for a couple of years. I think the fees touted that we had put up for him, we were hoping for 4-5 years out of him at least.

Whoever was signed would have limited Delap's opportunities, so maybe missing out on our prime target may be a blessing in disguise for Torres and Delap...............fingers crossed.

Just a timely reminder. The issue for City isn't just the exorbitant fee, it's mainly the wages, & the ripple effect it could have on our financial model.

If half our team wanted parity with Haaland on a reputed £600k per week, what would happen to our profit/loss bottom line, & FFP? :-|

That would go for every other team though.

We could possibly witness bernardo and laporte being sold next summer...that would provide funds to get this deal done

No doubt some other clubs will chuck a higher wage at him so it will be down to what he values most

Just a timely reminder. The issue for City isn't just the exorbitant fee, it's mainly the wages, & the ripple effect it could have on our financial model.

If half our team wanted parity with Haaland on a reputed £600k per week, what would happen to our profit/loss bottom line, & FFP? :-|
Exactly. There are certain agents and players out there that are happy to demand so much money that the club can't afford to put a decent squad around them (or go into massive debt to do so). The difference between the best and the second best is often far more in terms of wages than performance on the pitch. I'd be happy for the club to buy him and make him the highest paid player, but I don't think anyone should be earning double the next highest player. It's not sustainable, as the Spanish teams have found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.