Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not posted on this site for a very long time, but felt compelled to comment given the debate our transfer window has generated and with the season now well under way.

Before I address the Haaland topic I want to share my thoughts on the transfer window, and our transfer policy in general. Having read the views of plenty on here I would empathise with the majority; there's a split as to whether or not the window was a success or failure, and I come down the middle. I'd say it was satisfactory, and if we retain the title it qualifies as a monumental success.
I'm pleased we signed Jack, and just watching England now reinforces that: he's silky smooth, and has that rarest of things, actual football acumen. Once Pep's finished with him, his football will be breathtaking. That being said, I empathise with those who feel he was a luxury we weren't gagging for, and the money may have been better apportioned on an elite forward.

Which brings me neatly to Son of Alf. We have to be in for this kid in the summer. And that means drastically rethinking our transfer policy; I believe it's far too rigid, far too idealistic. Looking at some of the deals we've baulked at in the past (Sanchez, I'm looking at you), you could say this idealism is justified. But there's only so many times we'll be the ones to come up smelling of roses. And Haaland has to be the catalyst for this transition from 'holistic' to 'cautious aggressor.'
Haaland is going to cost a fortune. But he's in a very exclusive, shallow pool of talent. As has been said on here, he's generational. And the way the market has shifted means we'll have to pay him accordingly. He's on a different tier than any of our forwards, and will be for next decade. We can't expect prodigous talents to turn down gargantuan offers from other teams and come to us for less. It doesn't work like that. If we have to pay agent fees, so be it. Swallow our collective pride and get it done, we won't regret it when he's sweeping up title after title in Sky Blue.

Anyway, heres to a (hopefully) fabulous season!

Not posted on this site for a very long time, but felt compelled to comment given the debate our transfer window has generated and with the season now well under way.

Before I address the Haaland topic I want to share my thoughts on the transfer window, and our transfer policy in general. Having read the views of plenty on here I would empathise with the majority; there's a split as to whether or not the window was a success or failure, and I come down the middle. I'd say it was satisfactory, and if we retain the title it qualifies as a monumental success.
I'm pleased we signed Jack, and just watching England now reinforces that: he's silky smooth, and has that rarest of things, actual football acumen. Once Pep's finished with him, his football will be breathtaking. That being said, I empathise with those who feel he was a luxury we weren't gagging for, and the money may have been better apportioned on an elite forward.

Which brings me neatly to Son of Alf. We have to be in for this kid in the summer. And that means drastically rethinking our transfer policy; I believe it's far too rigid, far too idealistic. Looking at some of the deals we've baulked at in the past (Sanchez, I'm looking at you), you could say this idealism is justified. But there's only so many times we'll be the ones to come up smelling of roses. And Haaland has to be the catalyst for this transition from 'holistic' to 'cautious aggressor.'
Haaland is going to cost a fortune. But he's in a very exclusive, shallow pool of talent. As has been said on here, he's generational. And the way the market has shifted means we'll have to pay him accordingly. He's on a different tier than any of our forwards, and will be for next decade. We can't expect prodigous talents to turn down gargantuan offers from other teams and come to us for less. It doesn't work like that. If we have to pay agent fees, so be it. Swallow our collective pride and get it done, we won't regret it when he's sweeping up title after title in Sky Blue.

Anyway, heres to a (hopefully) fabulous season!
beautiful articulated

i would even add that kane is absolutely not the player to change that policy for. erling is. I think he has the highest potential of any current player (bar messi of course).

Last edited:
If it comes to signing Haaland i think Khaldoon would absolutely smash our "structure".

Looking like he will easily be the best player of his generation. That sort of player you warp everything around. The success, the marketing potential, the icon of ADUG City. I doubt Txiki or Pep would have been rejecting any of Messi's demands if they were still at Barca.

If Mino says you're first choice, here's the price - I think we pay it.

lots of people saying we will get outbid for Haaland and will crumble as soon as we get any competition for his signature

Maybe recent years and this summer shows that that may be the case

However that is down to our transfer policy, not because we are run by incompetent businessmen

Who's to say in the next 6 /12 months our policy won't change. The club may decide that this is the player we will move heaven and earth to get. And if the club decides that, it will happen

If it comes to signing Haaland i think Khaldoon would absolutely smash our "structure".

Looking like he will easily be the best player of his generation. That sort of player you warp everything around. The success, the marketing potential, the icon of ADUG City. I doubt Txiki or Pep would have been rejecting any of Messi's demands if they were still at Barca.

If Mino says you're first choice, here's the price - I think we pay it.
It boils down to 2 things really if the lad is open to the move. The fee is a pittance for his talent so i don't think we would be averse to the agent fee's. Will we pay 600k a week, he will move on those sort of wages, and are they really after a release clause in his next conrtact because I can't see City signing anyone with a release clause before he's even played a game for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.