Americana / alt.country thread

Bob Harris is how I got into a lot of music. I used to listen to his show and make notes of artists I liked, and head to Polar Bear records on Deansgate every Saturday in search of CDs. I was about 15, this would’ve been 2003-ish.
I used to do the same at the Vinyl Exchange

Dave Matthews gets a lot of stick for being a bit middle of the road. Unfairly IMO.

Anyway this version of the Neil Young classic, with the legendary Warren Haynes on guitar absolute blows me away every single time.

The word ‘legend’ gets thrown around a lot, but where Haynes is concerned it’s justified.

Dave Matthews gets a lot of stick for being a bit middle of the road. Unfairly IMO.

Anyway this version of the Neil Young classic, with the legendary Warren Haynes on guitar absolute blows me away every single time.

The word ‘legend’ gets thrown around a lot, but where Haynes is concerned it’s justified.

I like Dave Matthews saw him solo at the academy and with the band at the Apollo
both great gigs
Never understood how he’s massive in the states but not here

Just remembered another not so well known artist
Michael McDermott
and his Band the Westies

I think there have been some pretty 'generous' suggestions of Americana personally, but I am surprised by the lack of representation of some Acony records stalwarts videos here...

And of course Sarah Jarosz gets a mention

I think there have been some pretty 'generous' suggestions of Americana personally, but I am surprised by the lack of representation of some Acony records stalwarts videos here...

And of course Sarah Jarosz gets a mention

I bought Sarah Jarosz's World On The Ground last year - a very good album.

Whilst talking about Calexico, I meant to mention that Dean Owens' "Desert Trilogy" EPs, which have been released this year, are well worth a listen. He's a Scottish singer who just before the pandemic, recorded an album with members of Calexico. The album is yet to be released, but if these EPs are anything to go by, it'll be well worth a listen - it's like Calexico + Ennio Morricone. Joey Burns and John Convertino back him on this track:-

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.