10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Foden, Bernardo, KDB, Sterling, Mahrez, Gunodgan, Torres, Jesus. We don't lack for creative attacking players. We spent £100m on Grealish, and nothing on a defensive midfielder, centre-forward or left back.

You tell me what attributes Grealish has that players like Foden, and Bernardo do not. What is the £100m adding to City's team? It doesn't make sense to me because he wouldn't be in my starting 11, were everyone fit, and a £100m players should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

When Foden and de Bruyne are fit, does he start in your side? Perhaps answer it that way. If he doesn't, then it calls into question his signing.

The day we see Foden,Kev,and Jack,in the same 11,will be the day most have been waiting for.They all have the ability to cause mayhem and i suspect given their footballing brains will form an almost telepathic understanding.
From Jacks perspective,no one holds the ball better or draws the opposition better than him,every time he gets the ball the crowd noise goes up several notches and defences look scared and confused about how to handle his strength and trickery - football comes naturally to him,just like it does Foden and KDB - they will be a beautiful and devastating trio.

The day we see Foden,Kev,and Jack,in the same 11,will be the day most have been waiting for.They all have the ability to cause mayhem and i suspect given their footballing brains will form an almost telepathic understanding.
From Jacks perspective,no one holds the ball better or draws the opposition better than him,every time he gets the ball the crowd noise goes up several notches and defences look scared and confused about how to handle his strength and trickery - football comes naturally to him,just like it does Foden and KDB - they will be a beautiful and devastating trio.
What way do you envisage them lining up when fit?

Im with Marvin btw. I think Grealish is an excellent player, but for 100mill they should one of the first names on the team sheet. We already have Raz and Foden for left forward, and now we have Jack. This problem presented itself with England in the summer also, so unless Pep has something up his sleeve, in my opinion the signing is illogical.

Im with Marvin btw. I think Grealish is an excellent player, but for 100mill they should one of the first names on the team sheet. We already have Raz and Foden for left forward, and now we have Jack. This problem presented itself with England in the summer also, so unless Pep has something up his sleeve, in my opinion the signing is illogical.
He has been on the team sheet.

He's already averaging the most key passes per game and the most dribbles per game for us, exactly why we signed him
Minus KDB, and Foden he's the go to man but he's managed one assist in a team that has scored 10. He's doing well. But is he a £100m man and do you not think that this transfer is going to look rather profligate when he ends up on the bench in a few weeks time as he surely will with KDB and Foden due to return.

We could have had KDB, Foden supplying Kane had we done it differently.

Grealish was amazing for Villa. He was one of the best players in the league before he got injured but his strengths don't cover our weaknesses. he's also not a quick one touch passer. I don't like the way he takes so many touches of the ball and then passes it on with City often in no better a position. He will have to develop his game because imo he has not been particularly effective yet. I am sure he will get better but I question whether Grealish was the player we needed this window.

Minus KDB, and Foden he's the go to man but he's managed one assist in a team that has scored 10. He's doing well. But is he a £100m man and do you not think that this transfer is going to look rather profligate when he ends up on the bench in a few weeks time as he surely will with KDB and Foden due to return.
You are being very short sighted imo. We need a squad not a team.

Grealish was amazing for Villa. He was one of the best players in the league before he got injured but his strengths don't cover our weaknesses. he's also not a quick one touch passer. I don't like the way he takes so many touches of the ball and then passes it on with City often in no better a position. He will have to develop his game because imo he has not been particularly effective yet. I am sure he will get better but I question whether Grealish was the player we needed this window.
How could we have got Kane?
We get your message about Grealish as you have posted the same several times already today.

I hope we are proven wrong. One thing up his sleeve could be Foden in an advanced role. Then the left side overload changes. A midfield runner would complement Grealish who could find him.

I might be doing you a disservice here Marvin, but it looks like your issue isn't with Grealish, but with the club not signing players in other positions that you feel are weak. It didn't appear to be either/or to me, so 'failing' in other areas doesn't make Grealish purchase a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.