The Keeper - Trautmann film Sunday 5th Sept on BBC

Poetic license. The keeping of Jock as the manager throughout would have helped the narrative.

just watched it. Excellent. A good story even with blue tinted specs on.

I wonder if the portrayed Liverpool away bus argy-bargy was noticed by anyone else?
Presumably that’s not fictional, @Gary James , they are one of the ‘istree clubs after all, and violent tradition means a lot to them.
Thought that when I saw it some things never change with the scousers

May have bored you all with this story before but …

when bert moved to bramhall he befriended/was befriended by a local chap called stan wilson. Stan was a local football legend in bramhall having ran teams for 70 years in the area.
Stan and his wife Audrey was my nanna and grandads best mates.
stan , audrey, nanna and grandad and bert and his wife would often all go out together.

my nannas family were all huge blues (grandad never into football) from woodhouse park and theyd all go visiting bert and take my dad with them, who as a 6 year old ish thought bert was GOD!

dad said bert dropped my dad home once in woodhouse park and all the kids ran down the road alongside the car and my dad proudly got out, proclaiming later that bert was his uncle.
I met him once at stans 80th birthday party at stanneylands in handforth, 25 years ago, as bert had made the trip over from spain to see his old pal stan.

there ya go. Wont bore you again with it for a few years ;)

Just watched it tonight with my wife and mother in law. Had all three of us crying!

It is an exceptional film. I have read through the posts so recognise some elements have been dramatised. Seeing Maine Road, seeing the FA Cup final and then the tragedy... too much for me. The fans ripping the goalposts out so no one ever stood between them again. Wow.

A true legend of our great club and a film that all should try and watch. I'll be hunting for a book to read about him tomorrow. Truly remarkable.

Just watched it tonight with my wife and mother in law. Had all three of us crying!

It is an exceptional film. I have read through the posts so recognise some elements have been dramatised. Seeing Maine Road, seeing the FA Cup final and then the tragedy... too much for me. The fans ripping the goalposts out so no one ever stood between them again. Wow.

A true legend of our great club and a film that all should try and watch. I'll be hunting for a book to read about him tomorrow. Truly remarkable.
Alan Rowlands book is the one for you sir

Trautmann's Journey by Catrine Clay was a good read from what I remember, was a few years ago when I read it.

Trautmann's Journey is a great book with some horrific stories about his time on the Eastern Front. His life story before he even arrived in the UK is amazing and would make an even better film than "The Keeper," which I also hugely enjoyed.

Trautmann's Journey is a great book with some horrific stories about his time on the Eastern Front. His life story before he even arrived in the UK is amazing and would make an even better film than "The Keeper," which I also hugely enjoyed.
Agree entirely, I’m not normally one for reading books on War/Conflict but this was jaw dropping … so good in fact I promptly read it again.

Just about to watch the film now, it’s bound to be decent and fairly accurate if Gary James has been involved in it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.