Leicester (A) - Post-Match Thread

It was always going to be difficult after the International break and especially away to Leicester. I would take this win above an amazing performance that ends up in a loss

Ederson and Dias saved us in the back. These international breaks really disrupt our stride and 2 more are coming before the end of the year!

Reactions: cbl
The fact pep plays phil out of position before sterling says everything, sterling has been dreadful for two years for us now, he’s a squad player now,& its only the fact nobody can afford him that he’s still here
How much would a club have to pay for a player that’s been “dreadful” for the last two years?

The fact pep plays phil out of position before sterling says everything, sterling has been dreadful for two years for us now, he’s a squad player now,& its only the fact nobody can afford him that he’s still here
Compared to his first two years the last two haven't reached the same standard but he's far from dreadful. He frightens defenders which is why there is invariably a back up defender waiting for him after he's beaten the first. I noticed in one of the internationals they opposition had three waiting for him, and he managed to skip round all of them. He's one of those who can make things happen, unfortunately not as often as he first did.

Quite right mate, I stand corrected, I should have googled the score before I opened my gob, memory is fucked :-)
ha ha, I only knew because the commentator mentioned it yesterday! I used to know virtually every City score and recall goals, incidents, etc. Same as you the old memory isn't what it used to be, did we win? :-)

Flicking between talkshite and 5Live on the way home, you wouldn’t even know we’d played, hardly a mention

rags this, Chelsea that blah blah blah. Been written off already

but two 5-0 wins and the best result of the season so far by any team yesterday.. all without Kev and Phil.. suggests to me that we might just end up shutting up all these clowns again

Really? Had it in my head we lost by 4 maybe season before.. anyway I’m off the wine from now on,, buzzing with this result

Yeh we lost 4-2 in Pep’s first season - the Bravo masterclass when we were 2-0 down after 5 minutes.

Not done too badly since winning 4/5 visits there 0-2, 0-1, 0-2, 0-1 with a 2-1 loss in 2018/19

Defend, dive, defend, dive, dive dive.......

Glad we got the 3 points with their antics and those of the ref.....11 fouls? Please you gimp.

Anyway, champions doing what champions do, winning despite the opposition and refereeing.

Bernie untouchable today, but we need to take more of our chances, 28 shots ....

Leicester were resolute in defence and Schmeichel played out if his skin. He'll probably not have a better game all season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.