Tennis Thread

I know absolutely nothing about tennis. I watched on Saturday night with my wife. Both of us were on the edge of our seat and celebrating every point she won.

She's inspirational. I can imagine there will be a fair few young boys and girls who're inspired to join their local tennis club who want to emulate her.

She's a shining example of Britain at it's best.

I'd be happy if Federer, Nadal and Djokovic announced their retirement.
Level at 20 majors each.
All deserve to be at the top in the history books.
Would like to see them going out at the top and not struggling with injuries

good shout that - all the greatest in different ways

What i saw at Wimbledon suggested there may be/have been anxiety/hyperventilation issue's and during last nights final i witnessed her using calming methods,most notably blowing on her hand,throughout the duration.

The blowing on the fingers is used by lots of tennis players - Boris Becker always did it, many others. I always remember as a kid when i played i would be Boris or Steffi and would blow on my fingers just because they did.

She was on Good Morning America as well. Commercially it makes a lot of sense to try and get your name out over there.

Think she's staying out there for Chicago Fall Tennis Classic and Indian Wells, she might skip the former but not sure she'll want to wait 3 weeks to play. Plus she might want as many opportunities to increase her ranking and make the WTA finals at the end of the year.

She was on Good Morning America as well. Commercially it makes a lot of sense to try and get your name out over there.

Think she's staying out there for Chicago Fall Tennis Classic and Indian Wells, she might skip the former but not sure she'll want to wait 3 weeks to play. Plus she might want as many opportunities to increase her ranking and make the WTA finals at the end of the year.

Whats her ranking going to be after the US open? Wasn't she something like 350 only a few weeks ago?

If she wins Indian Wells she's probably going to the finals. It'd put her 5th or 6th with Osaka not competing.

Whats her ranking going to be after the US open? Wasn't she something like 350 only a few weeks ago?
She's 23rd now, but that's different to your position in the race to the finals, where she's 14th (the top 8 play).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.