RB Leipzig (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

positives : great result, really good goals, played very well going forward, 6 goals. jack with a beauty!

negative : does anyone think it's a coincidence that whenever Ake is on the pitch suddenly all of our defense turns to shit? You can argue whether or not the goals were his fault (I certainly think so), but the man's positioning is always so out of place that other defenders have to do extra work to cover for him, leaving them exposed. Just like a good defender like dias can make our bad defense from 2 years ago great, a bad defender like ake can create issues for all players.

Again ask yourself if it's a coincidence that our defense suddenly looks like this with him on the pitch
Glad for him scoring but he is not nan city quality and that’s the reason he don’t play in the league .

They just walked through our midfield until Fernandinho showed the rest how it should be done.
Rodri for all his passing skill has no pace and a lot of teans Will run through our midfield at Will . We are weak in a very important position there and have to rely on a ageing Brazilian to get it under control .

Rodri for all his passing skill has no pace and a lot of teans Will run through our midfield at Will . We are weak in a very important position there and have to rely on a ageing Brazilian to get it under control .
I keep saying he is too slow, but get shot down by other posters.

Pep will have to have a think for the away game I think. They were so narrow with their 5 in midfield they just overran us at times, like a knife through butter. Scary how easy it was for them at times, still 6 goals, one harshly ruled out (not seen the lines) and some players coming back hopefully bodes well for the season

Was a strange game, felt more like a pre season friendly then a Champions League game, was entertaining at the least.

Happy to bang in 6, not overly concerned about conceding as I think those mistakes get fixed up with Stones or Laporte at the back.

A good start to our Champions League campaign so onto the next for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.