Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

Loving the ‘Pep lives in a bubble’ line. The bubble must be one of obsession and 100% commitment to win as much and make our team the absolute best.

If he lives in a bubble, no other manager has ever been there or, probably, never will.

So what if he’s frustrated with our support? Many of us fans are frustrated with our support. It really isn’t about the number of empty seats, it’s about the people who are actually there.

He puts more effort in on the touch line during a game than lots of fans do ‘supporting’ our team. I’m pretty sure if he was in the stands with the fans he would actually contribute to the atmosphere as well.
I just enjoyed a 9 goal thriller. I was there with a few mates. I couldn’t care less who else was there. It was a very entertaining game.

Stupid comment to make its bad enough the media beating us in this regard never mind our manager.

Well done Pep. Rags texting me your comments this morning. Forgetting the expense it’s the bloody hassle. Does no one give a shit that it is almost impossible to get away from the place quickly? Yesterday I was busy at work but needed to sort 2 tickets out for people. Absolute logistical nightmare. A women at work told me her husband has wanted to go to the first 2 games but has not understood the website issues. I am still awaiting a response to the debacle I experienced at the Norwich game. I got a holding email saying we would respond after Arsenal and still nothing. It amazes me that we got around 40,000 last night, if that had been at Maine Road it would have been considered a huge crowd but the Etihad is a big place to fill. Really pissed off with Pep and he clearly lives in a bubble but I hope he gets the message that this is about the tenth time he has had a pop. He has been a sulky bastad at times and also cocked your several champions league campaigns with his arrogance. I am afraid I am starting to think I am ready for a change. Rather someone who maybe is not as good but seems proud to be out manager. He pissed me off hugely last night.
Yip

woke up to similar

from the massive reds who never go to their own games

Atmophere ? Do you here Klippety or the Paperboy criticisng their support ? I have been to Klanfield on corporate tickets and watched them against minnows like Norwich , Southampton and others and their atmosphere is absolute shite. Away fans singing "can we sing a song for you" its just the myths around certain football clubs , "25000 waiting list for a season ticket" its all bullshit.
We have has some brilliant atmospheres at Maine Rd and Etihad over the years , but we are no different from the 'istree clubs or the majority of clubs in the premier league , the fan base has changed over the years or should it be "customer base" . If Pep was expecting a full house and fever pitch atmosphere against Leipzig a team formed in 2009 , then he is mistaken , judge us in the quarter finals and semi-finals , derby games and games we have to win , not f*cking Leipzig.

there was a group of us that did try on occasion last night. Pretty difficult when lots of others don’t want to join in or you’ve got block 115 and the corner constantly singing about Dzeko or United.

I don’t mind those songs, but the rest of the ground don’t join in with any of them. We love you city was sung and more people joined in. Classic Chants that everyone knows, but are rarely sung
It’s not so much the classic chants that people join in with (although, contradictorily, it is the classic chants that people join in with), it’s the City chants that people really join in with most and they just happen to be classic chants.

We need some new City songs! When did it become a thing that we stopped making up songs about the club?

So far this season we’ve given Dzeko Zaba Kompany DSilva Agüero and Yaya songs a regular blast and people may join in with them once, but never a second or third time when we’ve got Walker Dias Cancelo Rodri Grealish Gundogan and Torres playing well and doing good things on the pitch that deserve recognition, They just fall dead and our singing section just sound like an away end in our home ground.

@Didsbury Dave and you have made observations on this in the past.

And on the way the singing section sings… there was a moment in the first half when SSL1 started off “Singing The Blues”, and the rest of the ground were up for joining in and started but by the time a good number got going, SSL1 were singing at 100mph and then all of a sudden stopped. So the rest of the ground stopped.

It probably sounds like I’m moaning about them, but I actually think our singing sections are great in that they do try hard and do sing a lot (apart from the middle half hour last night where they were completely silent) and there are noticeably more singers over there now with the rail seats. But the rest of the ground really do look on at SSL1 to get them going, maybe SSL1 don’t care about that and don’t mind being an away end in their own stadium, and they are very good at being like an away in their own stadium… but they haven’t learnt how to be a home singing section yet.

Slow down, stick to one song for ages, give the rest of the ground something to join in with and it will happen!

The singing section in any ground are like a front man of a band at at a gig, the rest of the crowd look onto you (and in some cases, that is literal, as some fans around the ground do sit and watch you and listen intently to you, waiting for songs to join in with)… but it has to be said, the rest of the ground need to get involved a lot more too!

hes making weird comments this season,first talking about his 2-year contract to brazilian media and now about fans

Loving the ‘Pep lives in a bubble’ line. The bubble must be one of obsession and 100% commitment to win as much and make our team the absolute best.

If he lives in a bubble, no other manager has ever been there or, probably, never will.

So what if he’s frustrated with our support? Many of us fans are frustrated with our support. It really isn’t about the number of empty seats, it’s about the people who are actually there.

He puts more effort in on the touch line during a game than lots of fans do ‘supporting’ our team. I’m pretty sure if he was in the stands with the fans he would actually contribute to the atmosphere as well.
My comment about ‘living in a bubble’, and most of the others I’ve read, is in reference to the financial constraints mate, and nothing to do with his passion and commitment, although I’d do his job for fuck all to at least his level of passion and commitment.

I'm surprised how many turned up knowing it will all be in vain, coz we know when it comes to the games that matter in the champions league, Pep will fuck it up with his shit team selection and confusing tactics that have cost us in the last two years.
Stop critising the fans and feeding the media and our rivals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.