Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

agree with this. We don’t have the fan base. Never needed to expand the ground
What a ridiculous comment!

Etihad 47k before expansion. League games far exceed that figure now.

In case you had fuckin forgotten!

A large number of S/T holders have deferred.
Many people are still picking and choosing what they do because of Covid and attending a packed football stadium is not one of them.
These issues as well as others factors affect the travelling fans so away numbers are down too!

This fuckin place,full of now nowts!

38042 is what is in the official Uefa report.
Yes I know but it's wrong. It has to be. I was there and I've been going for 40 years and I know what a crowd is. I couldn't see EL3 from my seat but I could see the rest of the ground and the only significant empty seats were in the away end and that's 3k, and in the top tier of CB3 which looked 3/4 full. 48k would be my estimate.

I read your post, yes. I understand everything you're saying and sympathise massively with your points and I'm sorry you feel the way you do mate.
The long and short of it is we disagree on his comments last night. I genuinely don't think he had any ill intentions when making them and believe he was just trying to fire up the support for an important game on Saturday.
Others believe he has disrespected the fanbase and are using it to have a dig over all sorts of things. It's been blown way out of proportion but the damage is done now.

Thanks mate. I'd expect there were no ill-intentions, that's what makes it so disappointing.

He's a very smart man, trying to be a little too smart, coming off tone deaf.

Dovetailed with an executive who certainly aren't listening, it wasn't required in an interview which was pretty vanilla until Pep provided an easy take away.

Pep can fuck off. If he's so interested why not hand over a few hours wages to give everyone a free ticket.

I personally feel pep is bang on the money and more than valid in his point.
He had produced a team that has been the best in this country for the last four years and he is trying to point out that other clubs have an atmosphere and attendance that gets them through games like this weekend when they may not be at their best.
He just wants the best chance of winning

Yes I know but it's wrong. It has to be. I was there and I've been going for 40 years and I know what a crowd is. I couldn't see EL3 from my seat but I could see the rest of the ground and the only significant empty seats were in the away end and that's 3k, and in the top tier of CB3 which looked 3/4 full. 48k would be my estimate.
Definitely wrong, much more than 38k; that's a Peter Swales figure for sure! I was there and before arrival I was expecting there to be row upon row of empty seats, but there were just a few clusters. The away section was almost completely empty, maybe 50 fans tops in there. I couldn't see CB 3 but I would estimate more 48k physically in attendance, and therein lies the answer, the digital system wasn't accurately logging the attendance.
Atmosphere was good throughout.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.