Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

As always, if you’re in or close to the area where the atmosphere is, it sounds great. If you’re not, it doesn’t.

The singing sections sing, and the rest of our ground is very quiet and many are simply silent.

The thing with our singing sections is, they’re like an away stand in a home stadium. Isolated on their own, and they don’t realise they are the front man the rest of the ground look to to join in with, they don’t understand how to get the rest of the ground to join in, songs are all to short sharp and quick, over before they’ve taken off round the ground, they don’t understand how to create an atmosphere for a home stadium.

If our singing sections were an away end in an oppositions’ stadium, the home fans would probably think they’re a decent set of away fans. But that doesn’t mean they’re a good singing section for a home stadium.

But the rest of the ground don’t help neither (although I always try!)

Here’s two messages from two different group chats I’m in about tonight’s game:
First one is the City chat from my group of mates (obviously all blues)
View attachment 26361

Second one is from my family chat (all Blues)
View attachment 26362

Granted, none were at the game while we were! But just a snap shot of what they thought.
Put another way, if you come away thinking the atmosphere was good cos you could hear everyone around you singing the atmosphere probably wasn't that good because the best atmospheres mean you don't notice or hear anyone around you because they're drowned out.

Was in block 119. Lots of people trying to join in and sing tonight. More then what I remember for usual league games in that block.

don’t want to sound like a member of the song police, but the choice of songs from the singing sections don’t help or allow the rest of the crowd to join in at times . Just scored and I could hear the Dzeko chant, United songs and a yaya Toure one. Why not hey Jude or more city related songs?..

thought the east stand corner finally sounds loud again. Best area in the ground for noise
You start them pal and we'll join in

I agree but don’t let it worry you. He’s the best manager we’ve ever had and the most popular since Joe Mercer.
What he’s said doesn’t bother me too much but in the interest of balance if he wants to have a pop at the crowd tonight then he should also acknowledge the crowd at Leicester on Saturday because it was brilliant. But he disappeared straight down the tunnel at the end and no mention after the match.

It’s fine, whatever really, but as a general principle the connection between the fans and the manager/players needs to be reciprocal or it doesn’t work.

As always, if you’re in or close to the area where the atmosphere is, it sounds great. If you’re not, it doesn’t.

The singing sections sing, and the rest of our ground is very quiet and many are simply silent.

The thing with our singing sections is, they’re like an away stand in a home stadium. Isolated on their own, and they don’t realise they are the front man the rest of the ground look to to join in with, they don’t understand how to get the rest of the ground to join in, songs are all to short sharp and quick, over before they’ve taken off round the ground, they don’t understand how to create an atmosphere for a home stadium.

If our singing sections were an away end in an oppositions’ stadium, the home fans would probably think they’re a decent set of away fans. But that doesn’t mean they’re a good singing section for a home stadium.

But the rest of the ground don’t help neither (although I always try!)

Here’s two messages from two different group chats I’m in about tonight’s game:
First one is the City chat from my group of mates (obviously all blues)
View attachment 26361

Second one is from my family chat (all Blues)
View attachment 26362

Granted, none were at the game while we were! But just a snap shot of what they thought.
I know we’ve agreed on this discussion before. The first half gave an indication of how things would be with “one end” and not 2 or even 3 if you include the SS top tier.

The first half, when both singing ends didn’t sing at the same time, they heard each other and joined in, creating loud songs that if they were “classics” caught on around the ground. That’s because there were no away fans. Second half, as you allude to, it was all “here’s to you Vincent Kompany” at 100 mph and all the other clapalongs like “Singling the blues”, “empty seats” and obscure old songs which only work in pubs. The rest of the ground stopped singing then and the atmosphere basically became shit.

The problem will never be solved until the singers are together.

Fucking hell, we have some right morons following us. Sick of ungrateful entitled fans.

Or maybe its just a case of long term rags on here finally revealing themselves.
Rags rags rags rags rags rags rags. Some people just have different views, yet all I see is people being called a United fan for it. Proper odd stuff

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.