Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think Pep will renew if he fails to win CL next two years. Also if he fails badly and we dont win PL at all in next two years. If he is successful then that would mean a higher chance of him renewing imo.

My idea was Nagelsmann but Bayern picked him and he will not be available unless he flops badly at Bayern which would not be a good sign...

He’s a choker who can’t get his teams over the line when it matters

Is he?

He won the FA Cup last year.

He has taken his team to 5th place in the league in the last two seasons and based on their squad, that is probably a case of finishing as high as it is reasonable to expect.

When he managed the best team in a division, he won everything domestically.

If he comes to City, he will win loads of trophies. Will he be the guy to replace Pep? That depends on when Pep goes and I hope Pep will extend again but, right now, I continue to think Brenda will be high on the list of people City would turn to.

The other guy I reckon will be in contention is Julian Nagelsmann if he does well at Bayern.

I'd like to see Graham Potter given a chance, he plays similar type of system to us and he would give the young up and coming kids a chance to show what they've got, I know this won't happen as the City board have bigger fish to fry but I'd like to see him at some capacity at City In the future.

Potter is a decent manager but I think the City board will want someone of greater stature that has won trophies.

Is he?

He has taken his team to 5th place in the league in the last two seasons and based on their squad, that is probably a case of finishing as high as it is reasonable to expect.

If he comes to City, he will win loads of trophies. Will he be the guy to replace Pep? That depends on when Pep goes and I hope Pep will extend again but, right now, I continue to think Brenda will be high on the list of people City would turn to.

The other guy I reckon will be in contention is Julian Nagelsmann if he does well at Bayern.
You can say that, but the fact is he bottled CL football twice and bottled the title too. Bottled the League Cup semi final to weaker Villa team and yesterday once again bottled 2-0 lead against Napoli in Europe.

Rodgers is the definition of nearly man.

His Leicester team also dont average much possession. I don't think City board is looking to have 40% possession per game.

I dont think Pep will renew if he fails to win CL next two years. Also if he fails badly and we dont win PL at all in next two years. If he is successful then that would mean a higher chance of him renewing imo.

My idea was Nagelsmann but Bayern picked him and he will not be available unless he flops badly at Bayern which would not be a good sign...

Bayern managers, even the good ones, don't tend to last more than a couple of seasons.

Flick <2 years
Kovac 1y4 months
Heynckes <1 year
Ancelotti 1y 3 months
Pep 3 seasons
Heynkes 2 seasons
LVG 2 seasons
Klinsman 1 seaoson
Hitzfeld 1y 4m
Magath 2 1/2 seasons

The last time a manager stuck around was Hitzfeld and he was appointed in 1998.

Is he?

Isn't it pretty common knowledge that we've interviewed Rodgers in the past? Can't remember when it was or who it was to replace but I'm sure it's been mentioned.

If I'm not making it up (also a possibility) then it shows there's some admiration there.

Nagelsmann would be difficult to get, if he's doing well then it'd mean he wants a new challenge and to walk out of Bayern to come here. Something Pep did admittedly but he was a man of cycles at that point.

Isn't it pretty common knowledge that we've interviewed Rodgers in the past? Can't remember when it was or who it was to replace but I'm sure it's been mentioned.

If I'm not making it up (also a possibility) then it shows there's some admiration there.

Nagelsmann would be difficult to get, if he's doing well then it'd mean he wants a new challenge and to walk out of Bayern to come here. Something Pep did admittedly but he was a man of cycles at that point.
It was to be Mancini's 2nd in command but he didn't want to be a number 2.

I think lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.