Ref Watch

What summed up the state of officiating in this league for me was towards the end when Southampton were shielding the ball in the south west corner, ball goes out, right in front of the linesman and he looks at Jon Moss who’s 40 yards away!!
That lino was optically challenged on more than one occasion. Not fit for purpose.

Time wasting and added time apart, thought he did okay today.Linesman was worse.

What summed up the state of officiating in this league for me was towards the end when Southampton were shielding the ball in the south west corner, ball goes out, right in front of the linesman and he looks at Jon Moss who’s 40 yards away!!

Said the same thing. He couldn’t have been watching play, there is no other explanation for why he wanted the ref to make the decision. I wonder what he must have been watching?

If he believes it’s a penalty (which he did)!and thinks Walker has prevented goal scoring opportunity (which he thought he did)!then he has to produce a red, one follows the other. He couldn’t give the pen but not send him off in the instance we saw today
No he doesn't if Walker made a genuine attempt for the ball, which he did

Needs some massive rule changes footy instead of pissing about with stupid things that change nothing.

Time keeping and stopping the game for fuck all injuries to start with.

A player can just decide to sit down so the game stops!

Thought they were gonna break out into a chorus of a well known James song today it happened so often, the title of the song escapes me :- )
Time keeping needs to be taken out of the hands of the officials on the pitch. The referee's often threaten players with bookings for time wasting which ultimately wastes more time. Nobody is going to get 2 yellows or even a 2nd yellow for time wasting so there's no benefit for the opposition on the day. Just need a clock that is stopped when there is no play, job done.

No he doesn't if Walker made a genuine attempt for the ball, which he did
Is the correct answer.

"Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off."

Was at the game yesterday, my initial reaction at the game, in real time, with fatty pointing to the spot, and producing a red far quicker than he normally moves, and the lino flagging our goal offside, was on both occasions, "oh shit, were in trouble here" However the longer both reviews went on, the more optimistic i became. Not confirming the penalty, and asking fatty to check on the monitor, led me to believe, that if they wanted HIM to look at it again, we were ok (indeed we were)!
Now, our goal, our first shot on target (lol) Linos flag goes up pronto, my initial reaction, (i sit level with the penalty area, was NO, he's level, and as long as Phil's onside, so was Sterling. Again the length of time VAR reviewed it, in my mind, meant they were struggling to confirm he "was" offside. If he's not "clearly offside, don't forget their thicker lines this season", then he is ONSIDE and the goal should have stood!

The funny thing is, as a newsagent, i've had the privilege this morning of looking at the various takes on the 2 VAR episodes. Lineker " how can VAR say clear and obvious mistake" Halsey in the Sun "wrong, should have been a pen", Foy (amazingly) in the Mail "correct decision ......"

In other words, as usual a variety of opinions, but the general concensus, we were lucky, not clear and obvious error, and VAR wrong to interfer.

Don't know if its just me, and fatty, is pretty much one of the worst referees out there, but what i fail to see is, irrespective of the insinuation, even if VAR asked him to go to the monitor, it is still "his" decision, and how can anybody complain, if he changes HIS mind, having watched the incident again. He wouldnt be the first to watch the replay, and still stick to his decision if he believed he was correct.

Timekeeping / time wasting, don't get me started on that, as others have pointed out earlier, 2 lengthy injuries, countless other "injuries" which when it came to the crunch, if you don't get up, and the trainer comes on to treat you, you will have to go off, miraculous recovery, the the VAR reviews (desperately searching for a way to back up the officials), not to mention, the blatant timewasting.

If they'd played the correct amount of time, we could still have been there now!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.