10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic player but Pep is limiting his role too much by telling him to hug the touchline. He should play in between the lines on the channel where merlin played

No coincidence that the majority questioning his pressing or defensive work are the same ones who spent the summer saying they didn’t want him.
Instead of watching him and thinking, you know what, I might have been wrong, the lad is brilliant they double down and try and pick out his perceived faults.
Human nature is a strange old thing.
No coincidence those who swallowed the hype over the summer cannot engage in constructive discussions about his strengths and weaknesses. I am still not able to see the impact that his price demands nor the need for him. Great player? Yet to convince. Good player undoubtably and great to see on the ball.
Needed? Probably not. Not his fault though.

No coincidence those who swallowed the hype over the summer cannot engage in constructive discussions about his strengths and weaknesses. I am still not able to see the impact that his price demands nor the need for him. Great player? Yet to convince. Good player undoubtably and great to see on the ball.
Needed. probably not, but then I keep reading on here about how the club don't plan for a smooth succession and we're left with 'avoidable' gaps in the squad

I appreciate you consistently coming onto this thread to keep telling us your opinion on the lad though.

Nobody is slagging him off. The difference between observations and slagging off is lost on half this forum.

My observations of him so far are:

He’s very good with the ball at his feet
First touch is first class
Keeps hold of the ball very well
Can beat a man with good skill.

He holds onto the ball too long at times and needs to learn how to speed up his thought process and passing
His end product is often lacking, final cross or shot is mostly of poor quality
He’s very slow
Defensively looks poor.

So far, a good start to the club but we needed a match winner yesterday and he wasn’t it (granted, neither was anyone else!). The good signs though are that he’s settled in much quicker than some others who’ve come to us, and he’s improving on things he’s not that good at.
This is a spot on assessment of him so far. A lot of positives to his game but his end output and his work rate need to improve drastically.

I don't get why he is being praised so heavily for yesterday when he did nothing that had any real impact on the game. We spent £100 million on him for a position were already strong in, for that money, he simply has to be a match winner for us, it's games like yesterday where he has to take charge of the match and do something that makes the difference and gets us 3 points. its no good just being neat and tidy and showing a few flashes. Yesterday was his first chance to show he can be a match winner and he didn't show up. Neither did anybody else by the way, but I'm not seeing the same level of praise for the rest of the forwards.

This is a spot on assessment of him so far. A lot of positives to his game but his end output and his work rate need to improve drastically.

I don't get why he is being praised so heavily for yesterday when he did nothing that had any real impact on the game. We spent £100 million on him for a position were already strong in, for that money, he simply has to be a match winner for us, it's games like yesterday where he has to take charge of the match and do something that makes the difference and gets us 3 points. its no good just being neat and tidy and showing a few flashes. Yesterday was his first chance to show he can be a match winner and he didn't show up. Neither did anybody else by the way, but I'm not seeing the same level of praise for the rest of the forwards.
not sure if you watched yesterday. he created so many chances that others bottled. its not his fault his team let him down. he can't both create and score the same chance

not sure if you watched yesterday. he created so many chances that others bottled. its not his fault his team let him down. he can't both create and score the same chance
I must have been at a different game to you then because the entire team combined didn't create many chances nevermind Grealish individually. I can only think of a single opportunity that came from grealish and that as in the first half when he flicked a nice ball into sterling just inside the box which he then put wide, that was good play but it wasn't laying it on a plate to say sterling bottled that one.

Honestly this place sometimes... He is playing exactly how Pep is instructing him to and doing it very well and as a result is currently one of the first names on the team sheet. But for some reason they have it in their head that at £100 million he should be the next Messi and taking on all 10 opposition players and scoring a hat trick every game.

Frankly most of the naysayers are just people still throwing a sulk cos they wanted a striker this summer. Grealish is a quality player and will only get better and better. To say he is "yet to convince" or a "needless signing" is just flat out stupid.

I must have been at a different game to you then because the entire team combined didn't create many chances nevermind Grealish individually. I can only think of a single opportunity that came from grealish and that as in the first half when he flicked a nice ball into sterling just inside the box which he then put wide, that was good play but it wasn't laying it on a plate to say sterling bottled that one.
he had two crosses one to the near post and one to the far that no one attacked. he made one good chance for KDB who did not finish. Jack was our entire midfield and attack in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.