Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 | Post-Match Thread

Really enjoyed that last night. Thought the young lads were excellent. Nice reception for Akinfenwa when he got subbed too
Due to no broadband I couldn't watch last night's game again so that's good to hear about Akinfenwa.

I ventured into the Match Day thread and had to bite my lip over a couple of comments about him and their manager. One was abusing the player, calling him a fat so and so (fuelled by jealousy I'm guessing as he's anything but fat), others were abusing their manager because he had long hair. How dare a Frontman for a rock band have long hair.

Absolute Muppets, which is why I normally give that thread a swerve.

I thought our atmosphere was good last night and I would like to congratulate everyone for their singing and cheering but especially for the typical City applause for Akinfenwa when he was substituted, that was a great gesture and as I say typical City.
Apparently before the game at the warm up he was called over by fans and had his photo taken with youngsters and willingly gave his autograph so a sort of two way thing.

Great stuff lads and lasses. :-)

Quite interesting how few aerial challenges our defensive trio (Burns, Mbete, Lavia) 'lost' last night. Indeed, Akinfenwa was able to win many without even getting off the ground. That's not a criticism of their play, more an observation that they're smart enough to apply enough pressure, without really contesting, and then move to areas where the second ball might drop and use their speed to contest those. That's a smart way of playing and will help them as they develop physically.

Would like to see them get another crack in the next round, though it's more than likely we'll face someone from the top flight.

I thought our atmosphere was good last night and I would like to congratulate everyone for their singing and cheering but especially for the typical City applause for Akinfenwa when he was substituted, that was a great gesture and as I say typical City.
Apparently before the game at the warm up he was called over by fans and had his photo taken with youngsters and willingly gave his autograph so a sort of two way thing.

Great stuff lads and lasses. :-)

Yes - the applause for Akinfenwa was true City quality

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.