Wycombe (H) - EFL Cup R3 | Post-Match Thread

I think we are better without Grealish putting high balls into the opposition box for our 3ft 8 forwards to not get anywhere near. He will be excellent when he shows more patience and learns how we play. I don’t think he is totally playing to our strengths yet. It will come. We’ll see a lot better from him as he gets used to us and the patience needed to play how we play.
Agree

After the negative issues lately, last night’s game was really positive. Well played to the young lads, important game-time for some of our senior players and a really entertaining game. Nice that the big fella from Wycombe got a great ovation from our fans as well.

Because the guy has played consistently for 20 years with over 200 career goals. He's a footballing legend in the lower leagues.
I see Pep called Akinfenwa a legend of English football, and he certainly is.
15 clubs, 768 appearances, 228 goals.
Sometimes the phrase "journeyman pro" is used pejoritively but Akinfenwa is the epitome of such stalwarts and has given great service wherever he has been. Last night's applause was heartfelt and richly deserved.

He is a Liverpool fan but also speaks very well about city loves the way we play etc and says he wants us to win every game we play apart from when we play Liverpool.

no need to hate or boo him he’s a good guy and a legend in the lower leagues
The applause he got from City fans when he came off was testament to what kind of guy he is! He must be the only footballer who makes Lucky Luke seem smaller than he is!

I thought our atmosphere was good last night and I would like to congratulate everyone for their singing and cheering but especially for the typical City applause for Akinfenwa when he was substituted, that was a great gesture and as I say typical City.
Apparently before the game at the warm up he was called over by fans and had his photo taken with youngsters and willingly gave his autograph so a sort of two way thing.

Great stuff lads and lasses. :-)
Akinfenwa Sports Groupies

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.