Chelsea (A) - Sat 25 Sep 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a pessimist at the best of times, but even I haven't quite thrown in the towel for Saturday just yet. I actually think Anfield will be a harder game for us tbh.
Not on the basis of last season. I think both games will be extremely tough and would be happy with a point in each. Hope I’m wrong but I expect more of the same strangulation tactics as last year from Chelsea. We will need a couple of goals to take points. I have been more impressed with Chelsea than Liverpool. It will be tough but I think we have more chance at Anfield than SB.

What makes Pep do those things, do you think?

I think we're both capable of beating each other, as I think these are roughly two teams on equal footing, which is a pleasing thing to be able to say for first time in about half a decade.
Like I said he has an ego as any big person who has achieved so much. so he make the game personal with his opposite coach and tries to over think and outdoes himself into a losing position. btw I don't think we are at equal footing at all when both teams are at their best. we will win 7/10 times.

Pep has always happily explained his tactical decisions.

He picked Gundogan because we'd lost to Chelsea with both Rodri and Fernandinho playing 6. In the FA Cup especially we'd not managed to break the back 5 down, and he thought the only way to do so was to sacrifice the DM for another creative player and hope the back 4 could cover Havertz, Werner and Mount between them.

Gundogan has played dozens of games at 6 for us, including for a 14 match winning run to win the 2019 title so he'd played the position.

He said all of this in his pre match interview before the Champions League final.
that is where he is too stubborn. since he could not control chelsea in the middle he decide to become even more paranoid to control the center. he should have just accepted that and played in the transition with more long balls to runner in the wing and chipped forward balls into the forwards but we still insisted on having the ball which ultimately was the wrong decision.

that is where he is too stubborn. since he could not control chelsea in the middle he decide to become even more paranoid to control the center. he should have just accepted that and played in the transition with more long balls to runner in the wing and chipped forward balls into the forwards but we still insisted on having the ball which ultimately was the wrong decision.

I'll take your tactical advice over his when you've won 31 major trophies and spent weeks with a team of analysts and coaches working out a plan.

"Chipped forward balls". How would their giant back 3 have managed to defend those against our collection of 5'7-5'10 forwards I wonder?

I'll take your tactical advice over his when you've won 31 major trophies.
lol so we should never criticize a top coach? if he was so perfect why did he lose that game? we can acknowledge Pep as a great coach while also acknowledge his flaws. he sometimes is too stubborn to accept he is defeated by a coach and change his tactics accordingly. same happened to him with mou, klopp, tuchel, etc. he finally won against them only after he accepted and changed the approach.

lol so we should never criticize a top coach? if he was so perfect why did he lose that game? we can acknowledge Pep as a great coach while also acknowledge his flaws. he sometimes is too stubborn to accept he is defeated by a coach and change his tactics accordingly. same happened to him with mou, klopp, tuchel, etc. he finally won against them only after he accepted and changed the approach.

When your attempt to critique Guardiola is saying we should have lumped long balls into the forwards you shouldn't criticise a top coach.

I'll take your tactical advice over his when you've won 31 major trophies and spent weeks with a team of analysts and coaches working out a plan.

"Chipped forward balls". How would their giant back 3 have managed to defend those against our collection of 5'7-5'10 forwards I wonder?
well the way you put chipped balls is not into their heads. first of all you have a proper striker who will move into the middle of the pitch dragging a CB while a winger or AM move into that space while our CB or FB puts the ball into space for them to run onto. similar to how Liverpool do and they don't have any tall forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.