Never doubt Pep

Not trying to catch anyone just the way I see it going. If you look into it not many top sides are putting stake in possession. Juventus and Atletico are defensive. Barca a shapeless mess. Chelsea, Liverpool & Utd are back to front teams that barely use midfield. PSG despite signing Messi have been collecting clogger midfielders Gueye/Herrera/Pereira/Wijnalbum. Bayern are the only ones really and even they have Goretzka who's basically a rich man's Hojbjerg, there to kick/muscle people.
Which of those teams are better than we are over lets say the last 3 seasons ?

The best coach in the world bar none , but even the best can have an off day and select the wrong player like he did in the Champs league final , sacrificing a defensive midfielder to accommodate a very out of form Sterling, but there isnt anybody better at winning trophies , improving players and playing the best football i have ever seen.
His ill advised comments about our support hopefully is a lesson learned because apart this he has been steadfast in the support of our club and batted away journalists regarding FFP and any other shite the media throw at Pep and the club.
You don't miss something until its gone , and this will definitely apply to Pep , enjoy the next couple of seasons we might not see the heights we have reached under Josep Guardiola Sala.

If it was my decision, honestly I would pay him like 50m per year so that he has more incentive to stay..The whole club is running like a smooth machine because of him..

Maybe a few individuals and attention seekers turned on him and as individuals narked him, the vast majority of them though he’d know nothing about what they think because doubt he looks at much social media or forums.
The fans in the grounds in the real world have never left him in any doubt at all of their support of him so don’t think he’d be that upset.
I know what you are saying but the web feeds peoples opinions and is part of the real world.

Which of those teams are better than we are over lets say the last 3 seasons ?

Hard to say. The English sides haven't been consistently better but know how to play us, almost like they've tailored their teams for how we play. Bayern 19/20 as good as anything we've seen under Pep but seem to be more kick and rush since Thiago left. Juve & Atletico probably not better overall but would give us tough games with their ability to defend compactly. I can see Barcelona getting tired of the constant slapping in Europe and bring in someone to shore up the defence, Simeone maybe. That'll be another tough nut.

I don't question Pep, he is a genius of his style. The problem is possession football is on the way out, being solid and playing with physical intensity trumps technique and controlling the game. The team with the ball has the fear.
The team with the ball has fear? Lol
So when is this possession based football supposed to be going out of fashion ? because apparently it won the league last year. Or did you notice something when we played the saints a few days ago ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.