Never doubt Pep

Pep's only flaw is messing up in some important games. If he would fix that he would be unstoppable.
There is no manager in the world able to put a great team together and make them play a more beautiful football. Touchel won the CL but with a team he didnt build himself and and PSG he didnt win the CL with a great squad plus cost them the title last season in a garbage league.Touchel is better at preparing for an important game but overall he isnt on the same level with Pep. Chelsea plays some boring football , it may be effective at the moment but its still very boring!!
Just wish Pep would be less stubborn and learn from his mistakes.
Touchel got lucky against us because we played poorly in two games against his team. Let's not make this some alternative reality where he "has Pep's number" or whatever bullshit people say. I've seen plenty of managers who "have Pep's number" with their "tactical masterclasses" come and go over the last five years. Potchetino, Mourinho, Klopp, Solskar...they get a result or two but that's just football.

Pep's only flaw is messing up in some important games. If he would fix that he would be unstoppable.
There is no manager in the world able to put a great team together and make them play a more beautiful football. Touchel won the CL but with a team he didnt build himself and and PSG he didnt win the CL with a great squad plus cost them the title last season in a garbage league.Touchel is better at preparing for an important game but overall he isnt on the same level with Pep. Chelsea plays some boring football , it may be effective at the moment but its still very boring!!
Pep learns from mistakes always has. Thing is people want him to change his personality when he makes mistakes, but what makes him so great is also what leads to mistakes you can’t have one without the other. Being great is because hes always tries things from outside the box, sometimes that fails , not often though.
What you and others are asking for is the 100% perfect manager that person never has never will exist.
Pep is as good as it gets.

I'll criticise him for his team selections in big games but a lot of City fans read into a slight on the fans that requires an assumption. They did not give him the benefit of the doubt. If I was Pep I'd be feeling quite hurt by that and I hope he realises that was more error of judgement by one individual.

I think his comments after showed he was quite upset at how gleefully the fans turned on him when given half a chance.

The frustrating thing about the two games that he really gets criticised for (Lyon and the Champions League Final) is that I think Pep diagnosed the issue correctly for both games, but his solution didn't pan out.

That Lyon team was exceptional on the counter-attack, and Pep sought to negate that with the setup. We didn't really have the personnel to pull it off, and it didn't work. The same with Chelsea. He knew we pretty much had to score first and so put out a team to do that and then retain possession. This time I think players being out of form really cost us, but I don't think the idea in and of itself was necessarily wrong, just the execution of it.

Pep took a lot of flak for those lineups because they didn't work, and that's fine, that's the job. But he also takes pelters for not changing things or having a Plan B. Basically he gets criticised based entirely on the outcome, rather than what he does or doesn't do.

Pep has won 14 of the 16 cup finals he's managed.

Do you realise how stupid it sounds to go about how someone with a nearly 90% success rate in finals just needs to fix his approach in big games?

I think his comments after showed he was quite upset at how gleefully the fans turned on him when given half a chance.
Maybe a few individuals and attention seekers turned on him and as individuals narked him, the vast majority of them though he’d know nothing about what they think because doubt he looks at much social media or forums.
The fans in the grounds in the real world have never left him in any doubt at all of their support of him so don’t think he’d be that upset.

The frustrating thing about the two games that he really gets criticised for (Lyon and the Champions League Final) is that I think Pep diagnosed the issue correctly for both games, but his solution didn't pan out.

That Lyon team was exceptional on the counter-attack, and Pep sought to negate that with the setup. We didn't really have the personnel to pull it off, and it didn't work. The same with Chelsea. He knew we pretty much had to score first and so put out a team to do that and then retain possession. This time I think players being out of form really cost us, but I don't think the idea in and of itself was necessarily wrong, just the execution of it.

Pep took a lot of flak for those lineups because they didn't work, and that's fine, that's the job. But he also takes pelters for not changing things or having a Plan B. Basically he gets criticised based entirely on the outcome, rather than what he does or doesn't do.

The best example of this is the Liverpool CL tie, where to this day, people still pretend like Gundogan playing on the right lost us the game.

Did Gundgoan being on the right make Fernandinho fall over in the box and gift them an opener? No.

Did Gundogan being on the right stop the defence and midfield from closing down Oxlade-Chamberlain as he ran 20 yards through the middle of the pitch winding up for a shot? No.

But we've had to hear about how that selection cost us the match for 5 years.

When he eventually decides to move on and we tot up the countless trophies he's led us to, his long term legacy to the club (And english football) is the style of football he's brought to these shores.

The way our academy structures it's whole output to eventually support the first team (Either though players making it to the 1st team or being sold to finance marquee signings) is nothing short of remarkable since the takeover.

I don't question Pep, he is a genius of his style. The problem is possession football is on the way out, being solid and playing with physical intensity trumps technique and controlling the game. The team with the ball has the fear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.