Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, loads of City fans, including myself, are leaving negative comments about the Daily United and their reporters. (amongst the usual and predictable dross from mainly plastic Liverpool fans, some United fans, and general City haters)

3-C5-BCCA0-D254-4678-8-D9-F-33-A2-EC9-E5228.png

Last edited:
Has anyone read this quite frankly bizarre article from Jamie Jackson today? I'm not sure if it's meant as satire, or if he's actually just jumped the shark.

He criticises Guardiola for both dropping and then playing Stones, Laporte, Sterling and Bernado.

Criticises Pep for not dropping Laporte for Stones this season, despite Stones not being fit and Laporte not conceding a goal all season.

Claims that Cancelo played his best football from left back last season (he absolutely did not) and criticised Pep for playing Zinchenko in the CL final (despite our far superior record of playing Zinc at left back)

He also called Bernado's inclusion in the CL Final as "bizarre", despite the fact he started pretty much every game of our 14 game winning run up to the final.

You really have to read the full article to believe how misinformed it is. Completely bizarre, to the extent that it almost feels like some kind of post-modern fake news parody.

Didn't jj write a wank sock of a book praising our ole? It was subject to some most unkind Amazon reviews I'll have you know! ;-)

Journos now are utter marde arsed twats rather than vaguely objective staters of fact.

Think herr goebals/ Ashton will be doing overtime this week. On the bus today heard 2 rags discussing the Norwegian sock puppet. Not happy that £80m Sancho not being played in his correct position or that their midfield is so shit. They did get one thing right ..... even they can see martial is no luke Chadwick! They really are a thoroughly unpleasant fanbase with a breathtaking sense of entitlement!

Don't worry, loads of City fans! including myself, leaving negative comments about the Daily United and their reporters. (amongst the usual and predictable dross from mainly plastic Liverpool fans, some United fans, and general City haters)

3-C5-BCCA0-D254-4678-8-D9-F-33-A2-EC9-E5228.png
That could end up turning out like Mike McGrath’s similarly laughable article in the Torygraph last season, a screenshot for the ages

193106B6-D76B-49FE-8EAB-8AB0E979526F.jpeg

That could end up turning out like Mike McGrath’s similarly laughable article in the Torygraph last season, a screenshot for the ages

View attachment 26831

He had another well-timed one just before we beat Chelsea away in January. 6 weeks later we were clear at the top of the league by 8 points :)

Come on everyone, United did get beat last night.

Ashton and his Media team would have been speed dialing their media contacts this morning, looking to push at least 1 negative City headline and story.

Has anyone read this quite frankly bizarre article from Jamie Jackson today? I'm not sure if it's meant as satire, or if he's actually just jumped the shark.

He criticises Guardiola for both dropping and then playing Stones, Laporte, Sterling and Bernado.

Criticises Pep for not dropping Laporte for Stones this season, despite Stones not being fit and Laporte not conceding a goal all season.

Claims that Cancelo played his best football from left back last season (he absolutely did not) and criticised Pep for playing Zinchenko in the CL final (despite our far superior record of playing Zinc at left back)

He also called Bernado's inclusion in the CL Final as "bizarre", despite the fact he started pretty much every game of our 14 game winning run up to the final.

You really have to read the full article to believe how misinformed it is. Completely bizarre, to the extent that it almost feels like some kind of post-modern fake news parody.
It really is a bizarre article which confirms that Jackson knows very little about City or what is going on at the club. It is riddled with factual errors. He obviously watches very few of our matches and has no significant contacts at the club. Pathetic that he seems incapable of doing any basic research.

Come on everyone, United did get beat last night.

Ashton and his Media team would have been speed dialing their media contacts this morning, looking to push at least 1 negative City headline and story.

how does this work? I believe as the evidence appears to be there, is it £500 in cash between mates if you can get a negative City article & a puff piece about the Rags?

if Paradise has written 75m Sancho flop goes missing again it’s getting more clicks than anything about City so in the clickbait world he’s cheating his employer.

It really is a bizarre article which confirms that Jackson knows very little about City or what is going on at the club. It is riddled with factual errors. He obviously watches very few of our matches and has no significant contacts at the club. Pathetic that he seems incapable of doing any basic research.
I’d go further and say it shows he knows very little about football.

He seems to completely overlook the positive effect that competition for places has in elite level team sport.

If it wasn’t a parody and he was being serious, it’s perhaps the most ill-informed and incompetent analysis I’ve ever read from a professional journalist.

It's not about research it's about feeding the gargoyles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.