3 | Rúben Dias - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ali has a clean and clear case for being the best. You need to take into account that he was banned during prime years and then, even his heartbreaking losses came with epic rematches. his late career, after zaire is best forgotten though, he should've stopped then
Not even up for debate as being the best for the reason you alluded to, yet that is what became the catalyst for his mystique, being a conscientious objector put a massive halo over his head and rightly so but it’s part of the iconic story!

I wonder if he'll go on to surpass Kompany?

In terms of pure ability I think it's possible that he'll go on to be an even better player than VK was. Kompany's peak seasons, I think Dias is currently performing at a similar or maybe even higher level. That's no slight on Kompany at all, I genuinely think Dias right now is in the very top tier of the world's centre-backs.

In terms of leadership and what he means to the club and fans, I'm not sure it's possible to surpass Kompany. He might well match Vincent in those departments but I doubt he can be topped.

His name is Ruben and he plays at the back.
Just like that brick wall he will stop any attack
And when he shines, he really shows you all he can
Oh Ruben, Ruben Dias he’s the greatest across the land

as a fellow countryman ill just say that he was never this good in the portuguese league(otamendi, fernando and even mangala looked more dominant here). Dias improved leaps and bounds since he arrived at city, not sure why but credit has to be given to him, pep and his staff
His mentality. You could see it in his coming in interview. His every breathe is focused on becoming better. :)

as a fellow countryman ill just say that he was never this good in the portuguese league(otamendi, fernando and even mangala looked more dominant here). Dias improved leaps and bounds since he arrived at city, not sure why but credit has to be given to him, pep and his staff
Thats an interesting comment. Did he show the same mentality in Portugal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.