The Boxing thread

a blown up cruiser with average KO record would scare Fury but he’s fighting the biggest hitting heavyweight for a 3rd time in a couple of weeks ?

you sure about that ?
Pretty sure aj has a better resume than fury and definitely better than wilder. Was holyfield a blown up cruiserweight or legit heavyweight champ?
I reckon usyk is well on his way to being recognised as an all time great, cruiserweight unified champ + heavy weight multi champ.
Don't get me wrong, I think fury beats aj, especially after tonight, and is too much bigger and skilled for usyk but don't kid yourself that wilder is anything special, to quote fury, he is a, a dosser

Pretty sure aj has a better resume than fury and definitely better than wilder. Was holyfield a blown up cruiserweight or legit heavyweight champ?
I reckon usyk is well on his way to being recognised as an all time great, cruiserweight unified champ + heavy weight multi champ.
Don't get me wrong, I think fury beats aj, especially after tonight, and is too much bigger and skilled for usyk but don't kid yourself that wilder is anything special, to quote fury, he is a, a dosser

i was only commenting on you saying AJs peers wouldn’t date have fought Usyk

I don’t agree

Go on then who has he beaten? He beat a finished Klitschko, Joseph Parker on points who is average at best. He lost to Andy Ruiz Jr & then couldn't knock him out in the rematch even though he'd been on a binge in Vegas. Tell me what it is that makes Joshua such a great fighter. He'd lose to Dillian Whyte & struggle against Chisora as he has more heart than Joshua. He is an average fighter accept it!

had to laugh at whyte

has AJ ever beaten anyone who was ranked as high a Wilder when they fought ?

Go on then who has he beaten? He beat a finished Klitschko, Joseph Parker on points who is average at best. He lost to Andy Ruiz Jr & then couldn't knock him out in the rematch even though he'd been on a binge in Vegas. Tell me what it is that makes Joshua such a great fighter. He'd lose to Dillian Whyte & struggle against Chisora as he has more heart than Joshua. He is an average fighter accept it!
If you're just going to say everyone he's beaten is crap or finished or old then Fury has beaten nobody at all and Wilder isn't even a boxer.

How was Wlad hyped up for Fury and then deemed finished 18 months later after Fury, despite being in better condition than he was for Fury? He had 3 training camps in that time because Fury didn't fancy it, the same game plan wasn't working twice. Wlad was not some undefeated fighter who didn't know how to come back from loss. He knocks Fury out in the rematch IMO(53KOs for a reason) and that's why Fury became unhinged(faked an ankle injury the first time he pulled out), then the steroids case came to a head and he tried to cover it up with cocaine use and the mental health story and left boxing.

Parker wasn't considered average until AJ beat him. Fury said he'd put money on him schooling AJ. In fact most of the AJ haters back peddled like crazy after that fight. Just like they did after the Whyte fight and the Charles Martin fight. Fury has bet against him so many times and exposed for the bullshitter he is but some people have selective amnesia with the things he says.

Wilder and his team did all they could to avoid Povetkin, who at the time AJ beat him, was younger than Wlad was when Fury faced him. Before you talk about PEDs, Ortiz did worse and he was still given a shot as a voluntary the first time around. Around 2016-17, when Povetkin was due to fight Wilder, he would have knocked him out and early IMO. Wilder nearly got stopped by Ortiz lets not forget.

Wilder had 3 voluntaries in 5 years as champ and they were Stiverne2(fat and out of shape from a 2 year layoff), Breazeale(already beaten by AJ, only had to beat Molina in his eliminator) and Ortiz 2(a fighter he had already knocked out the year before). His route to the belt is even more questionable(no credible names and a dive from his mate Malik Scott in his eliminator).

We can both play your game. Who at HW has a better resume than AJ?

Last edited:
has AJ ever beaten anyone who was ranked as high a Wilder when they fought ?
Who has Wilder ever beat in the top 10? Ortiz? Why was he ever in the top 10? He's beat nobody. Wilder is your average fighter and protected hypejob. He'd get smashed by a lot of the top 10, he's not a good boxer and his chin is vastly overrated. Fury said it himself. Fury was a cherry pick gone wrong. He though he was washed up and just wanted the name on his shite resume.

Joshua got all that he deserved tonight.

Usyk enters the ring, totally focussed, not fazed by the crowd, concentrating on the job in hand.

Joshua.... waves to everyone, looks up and smiles at the crowd, shakes hands with the crowd... absolutely shocking. I just could not believe what I was watching he should have been totally zoned out from the crowd, there's enough time after you've won to get with the crowd, I dont think I've ever witnessed anything like that in such circumstances ever.

Last edited:
i was only commenting on you saying AJs peers wouldn’t date have fought Usyk

I don’t agree
Fair enough on Fury due to his significant size and skill set, but I can't think of many others who would risk a belt or chance of a belt fight against anyone who might beat them.
That for me is the problem with boxing at the moment, too many fighters avoiding the fights they should be fighting.

Who has Wilder ever beat in the top 10? Ortiz? Why was he ever in the top 10? He's beat nobody. Wilder is your average fighter and protected hypejob. He'd get smashed by a lot of the top 10, he's not a good boxer and his chin is vastly overrated. Fury said it himself. Fury was a cherry pick gone wrong. He though he was washed up and just wanted the name on his shite resume.
He’s beat both Klitscho and Wilder when both were favoured to beat him

I don’t think there’s a single name on AJs record fury wouldn’t also beat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.