The FTSE

My private pension has jumped £26k in 12 months, despite essentially paying in the minimum amount during Covid.

I didn't want to freeze it, but I'm in for roughly £240 in contributions during that period.

It's not buying in to Amazon in 1998, but it's the biggest return I've ever had for such a minimal outlay.

Kudos to my financial adviser!
You haven't had a return unless you have cashed it in or it is guaranteed. Hardest thing about investing is when to cash in. It could just as easy go down as it has gone up before you get around to cashing it. You have seen good growth though and long may it continue

A work colleague of mine is leaving his well paid job next Friday to become a full time cryptocurrency trader. He has been doing it in his spare time over the last 4-5 years and has made enough money to not need to work for the next 5 years. He reckons by trading full time he will make enough over the next few years to retire. He's only 36

How's he make it work and turned it into what he has? Fair play.

I literally lose money every time I attempt something different in crypto.

The only time I have made money is by leaving it (bitcoin) alone and trying to ignore it whilst it does its thing.

I literally lose money every time I attempt something different in crypto.

The only time I have made money is by leaving it (bitcoin) alone and trying to ignore it whilst it does its thing.
Terra Luna is a great crypto investment at the moment. They currently have a stable coin that pays out 19% APR. Their main coin Luna should comfortably double from it’s current price of $35 over the next few months due to a huge upgrade later this week.

Terra Luna is a great crypto investment at the moment. They currently have a stable coin that pays out 19% APR. Their main coin Luna should comfortably double from it’s current price of $35 over the next few months due to a huge upgrade later this week.
Do you not wonder where the money comes from to pay out 20% interest?

Mental!

Do you not wonder where the money comes from to pay out 20% interest?

Mental!
It's a huge red flag and I don't understand why people flock to such risky investments. @Craig I genuinely hope you make a shit load of money from that coin. But please don't invest anything you're not comfortable with losing.

If they're offering a guaranteed 19.4% ROI they are gambling on a continuous wave of new 'investors'. There may well be a big wave now, but it won't last forever and that coin will sink. There's no safe way of knowing when to time the market in any investment. If you know about 'upgrades' that are going to boost the price, then everyone does and the price will already reflect those upgrades. They'll continue to offer you the 19.4% ROI by creating more coins (leading to hyperinflation and the subsequent devaluation of your actual monetary investment).

Getting 20% more coins from them is pointless if the coins are worth fuck all.

My advice as a concerned bluemooner is to get out whilst you're up and invest in something more tangible!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.