#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree we will never win a big trophy with Sterling in the side.

Thing of the past though mate. Sterling was great when the tactics were for him and Sane to run on to balls. We no longer play like that and haven’t for a couple of seasons. You can keep defending Sterling all you want, but you can’t deny that he’s out of form and has been for a very long time. I used to get excited when he got on the ball, you can even look at my post history (you’re probably not that sad), I used to think he was borderline world class. That player is gone.

I'm usually tough on Sterling, but I really think he is a victim of this false 9 bollox. He is just simply not a striker. I'd be happy just to see him hit target for once but he can't do that, so why waste time, energy and games on playing him as a striker? Weird.

Since we moved towards false 9 and inverted wingers Sterling has looked completely lost.

Offers nothing cutting in from lw against a packed defense, up top he makes good runs but never looks like finishing and on the right he’d be very predictable and would block Walker’s overlap. Not a first teamer anymore for me unless he drastically changes his game, fed up of Pep giving him chances.

Last 12 games he's started:

P12 W5 D1 L6

The wins being Wycombe, Newcastle away, Palace away, Spurs in the Carabao and Everton at home.

Draw with Southampton at home.

Losses to PSG tonight, Spurs away, Chelsea in the CL final, Chelsea in the league at home, Chelsea in the cup semi and Leeds at home.

So 3 of the losses were teams Pep played a nonsense rotated side because we'd already won the league.

1 was the first game of the season when we missed 3 of the back 4 and no one had a preseason.

And the other was the champions league final.

Your point would have been more convincing if you hadn't listed all the games so we knew the losses had nothing to do with Sterling.

I'm usually tough on Sterling, but I really think he is a victim of this false 9 bollox. He is just simply not a striker. I'd be happy just to see him hit target for once but he can't do that, so why waste time, energy and games on playing him as a striker? Weird.
I can remember a few seasons ago Pep gave him a few games in the false 9 and he looked electric, full of confidence and just a nuisance. His confidence has completely gone.

He shouldn’t be playing at all whilst we play with no recognised striker.

It doesn’t work.

So first of all people were naming these matches in an attempt to go at Ake and now people are using the same games to criticise Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.