Cat advice

What ever it was it’s done a number on him.
1632913530742.jpeg
1632913568049.jpeg
The nose cut is all the way through, probably a mm or 2 deep.

there are other scratches on his head but nothing major.

Another update.

well he was totally back to normal and with some long term engagements of ours this weekend that would mean us being out of town we decided to let him out. He came back yesterday a few times for food.

this morning he’s come back in a proper state again. Cut nose. A deep half cm long gash on his leg, blood all over the show. We have him inside again and time to call the vets again.

either someone has installed razor wire on his roaming route or something far bigger and badder than him is out there( he’s not a small cat, 4.5kg of muscle ) The cut on the nose seems like it was done with something sharp so I think that rules out a fox or something. Don’t think there claws are sharp enough.
Cant believe you let him out, clearly he struggles out there, please keep him in for a while, esp when you are away

Cant believe you let him out, clearly he struggles out there, please keep him in for a while, esp when you are away

for the first week he was fine in. Second week he’s been really fussing and wrecking the house. We rent so not our house to let him destroy stuff. We bought toys and scratching posts etc but obviously that’s not as fun as ripping the carpet up.

mall in all, We made a judgment call. He has been roaming the area for at least 18 months last 3/4/5 of which we have been feeding him. He has his house in the garden which he had been using for months before the 1st incident and was using yesterday so all seemed fine.

will be cancelling our trip now. Clearly something is out there and 1st incident wasn’t just a one off.

we never intended to turn him into a full on house cat. Just to slowly let him out so this was all planned, just a little sooner than we wanted. Will have to re asses.

Never left my cats outside, too many dangers out there cars , animals , kids/people with bad intentions so on.
I'll never understand how someone who cares about their cat would leave them outside on their own.

for the first week he was fine in. Second week he’s been really fussing and wrecking the house. We rent so not our house to let him destroy stuff. We bought toys and scratching posts etc but obviously that’s not as fun as ripping the carpet up.

mall in all, We made a judgment call. He has been roaming the area for at least 18 months last 3/4/5 of which we have been feeding him. He has his house in the garden which he had been using for months before the 1st incident and was using yesterday so all seemed fine.

will be cancelling our trip now. Clearly something is out there and 1st incident wasn’t just a one off.
dont you have a room/space to keep him in when youre away where he cant destroy too many things ? is it neutered ?
he might just need a companion , do you have other pets ?

Fair enough, give him some cheap bits of carpet to chew on, put it in his places he chews the main carpet, he will take a while to settle indoors, it is a change for him, remember i said get earplugs lol, he is clearly going somewhere with barbed wire or glass or something. You can still go away, get some cheap timer bowls from amazon or a free feeder for food

Promise he wil settle then after a few weeks indoors then try him out in the garden with supervision and he should learn to stay closer to home

dont you have a room/space to keep him in when youre away where he cant destroy too many things ? is it neutered ?
he might just need a companion , do you have other pets ?

nope not neutered. Got him booked in for next week but will probably have to wait now.

no other pets.

we have noticed no likes sitting in front a fan. Assume it’s due to the breeze

nope not neutered. Got him booked in for next week but will probably have to wait now.
That changes their personality completley. He wants to go outside to look for cats. Probably gets into cat fights because of it.
Should really neuter him he will become a whole new cat.

Never left my cats outside, too many dangers out there cars , animals , kids/people with bad intentions so on.
I'll never understand how someone who cares about their cat would leave them outside on their own.
All of mine went out , i dont really agree with depriving them of a full life, merlin is currently defeaning me with noise as i just brought him in for the day after four hours out, teach them a call and a whistle before you let them out and you have a degree of control and never let them out at night , they can enjoy a while out a day, merlin and silva both got brought in at lunch times but sky had longer outside, she lived till twenty one and used to sit in the sun every day , i couldnt deprive her of that into her old age

All of mine went out , i dont really agree with depriving them of a full life, merlin is currently defeaning me with noise as i just brought him in for the day after four hours out, teach them a call and a whistle before you let them out and you have a degree of control and never let them out at night , they can enjoy a while out a day, merlin and silva both got brought in at lunch times but sky had longer outside, she lived till twenty one and used to sit in the sun every day , i couldnt deprive her of that into her old age
Fair enough , my cats have each other to play with and seem very happy together and loved. They purr all the time and ask us for love.
Ive heard way too many stories from friends and people I know of how they let their cats outside and they never returned. I cant take that risk.My cats stay in the sun too without running alone outside

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.