Cat advice

Sounds lot like our girl. We got from rescue, she was saved from fire in which owners died. She lived on in house until rescued. Vet guess she's about 10. When we got her she'd just had surgery including teeth removed and neurology problems. We've had her 4 months, chipped, vaccinated etc. She was scared and anxious when came to us, pulled out clumps of fur, pissed in bath (used litter tray for a crap). I stayed up all night with her, just stroking her as she lay on my lap. No one knows her name so rescue named her Phoenix (as rescued from fire). About month ago noticed struggling to walk, almost like drunk, staggering and back legs not supporting her. Had meds for 2 weeks then x-ray (cost £417). They suspect arthritis of spine intially. She's lot better last few weeks, cut her tablets down to one a day plus 400mls of liquid via a syringe. We didn't take out insurance as she'd loads of health issues when we got her so put £100 a month into a savings account. Can't imagine my life without her now. I'm working from home and my company all day. Hope your cat gets sorted and makes you as happy as mine does

Sounds lot like our girl. We got from rescue, she was saved from fire in which owners died. She lived on in house until rescued. Vet guess she's about 10. When we got her she'd just had surgery including teeth removed and neurology problems. We've had her 4 months, chipped, vaccinated etc. She was scared and anxious when came to us, pulled out clumps of fur, pissed in bath (used litter tray for a crap). I stayed up all night with her, just stroking her as she lay on my lap. No one knows her name so rescue named her Phoenix (as rescued from fire). About month ago noticed struggling to walk, almost like drunk, staggering and back legs not supporting her. Had meds for 2 weeks then x-ray (cost £417). They suspect arthritis of spine intially. She's lot better last few weeks, cut her tablets down to one a day plus 400mls of liquid via a syringe. We didn't take out insurance as she'd loads of health issues when we got her so put £100 a month into a savings account. Can't imagine my life without her now. I'm working from home and my company all day. Hope your cat gets sorted and makes you as happy as mine does

Aww that sounds horrific for her. Glad she found you. we are looking at an insurance that covers pre existing conditions, there is one on BoughtByMany but it doesn't cover anything diagnosed in the 3 months before taking it out.

Reactions: ob
Aww that sounds horrific for her. Glad she found you. we are looking at an insurance that covers pre existing conditions, there is one on BoughtByMany but it doesn't cover anything diagnosed in the 3 months before taking it out.
Thanks mate, good luck. We didn't even bother looking I had an old savings account so when started looking for cat we dumped money into account. My girlfriends sister adopted one that has to wear a nappy has had been run over and unable to contain itself when needs toilet. She changes nappy and think has to do something like surpress bladder. I just want to give ours a nice happy life in a home where she's loved and think she knows she has that. Don't get me wrong she's a wrong un at times and knows when being naughty lol

Update. So buddy’s leg isn’t broken thankfully. But he has a bad infection which could be in his joint which could make it difficult to clear.

A wound opened up on Friday and cleared out a load of bloody discharge and ended up weeping most of the weekend. But the swelling reduced a lot at that point but has started to swell up again.

Had another vet visit today and for some antibiotics and check up. Vet thinks he’s about 3 so still quite young.

Reactions: ob
Update. So buddy’s leg isn’t broken thankfully. But he has a bad infection which could be in his joint which could make it difficult to clear.

A wound opened up on Friday and cleared out a load of bloody discharge and ended up weeping most of the weekend. But the swelling reduced a lot at that point but has started to swell up again.

Had another vet visit today and for some antibiotics and check up. Vet thinks he’s about 3 so still quite young.
If he's only 3 and you get the vet to put that in writing the pet insurance premiums will be a fair bit lower than if he were older.

If he's only 3 and you get the vet to put that in writing the pet insurance premiums will be a fair bit lower than if he were older.
P.$. worst case, if he had to lose a leg he'd be ok, cats adapt marvelously, we had one that lost a hind leg age 16 and it was as if she didn't even notice the difference.

Another update.

well he was totally back to normal and with some long term engagements of ours this weekend that would mean us being out of town we decided to let him out. He came back yesterday a few times for food.

this morning he’s come back in a proper state again. Cut nose. A deep half cm long gash on his leg, blood all over the show. We have him inside again and time to call the vets again.

either someone has installed razor wire on his roaming route or something far bigger and badder than him is out there( he’s not a small cat, 4.5kg of muscle ) The cut on the nose seems like it was done with something sharp so I think that rules out a fox or something. Don’t think there claws are sharp enough.

Last edited:
Another update.

well he was totally back to normal and with some long term engagements of ours this weekend that would mean us being out of town we decided to let him out. He came back yesterday a few times for food.

this morning he’s come back in a proper state again. Cut nose. A deep half cm long gash on his leg, blood all over the show. We have him inside again and time to call the vets again.

either someone has installed razor wire on his roaming route or something far bigger and badder than him is out there( he’s not a small cat, 4.5kg of muscle ) The cut on the nose seems like it was done with something sharp so I think that rules out a fox or something. Don’t think there claws are sharp enough.

Doubt it’s a fox, have seen ours on CCTV bossing them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.