31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He always has a fuck up in him and he is no better than average at shot stopping.
He commands his area very well and his distribution/playmaking abilities are unrivalled.

Overall,i don't believe there is a better keeper in the league for our style.

He always has a fuck up in him and he is no better than average at shot stopping.
He commands his area very well and his distribution/playmaking abilities are unrivalled.

Overall,i don't believe there is a better keeper in the league for our style.
I agree but I think you have probably left out that he is one of the bravest keepers you will see.

Honestly if we sold Ederson and signed any other 'keeper in the world I think a lot of City fans would be absolutely stunned by just how badly our game goes downhill. My worry is actually where we'll find a 'keeper capable of passing as well as him.

And I don't think he's particularly error-prone. We're looking at four or five goals a season where we think he could've done better. That's as good if not better than most PL 'keepers, including Allison- the guy hailed by most as the best in the league, who cost Liverpool that fixture last season.

For me, it's frustrating knowing that Ederson could be the next Neuer, but his GK abilities since he arrived have stayed the same.

How do you coach stuff like that once someone is already in their mid-twenties though? With the greatest of respect to Xabi Mancisidor, Richard Wright and Scott Carson, what could they possibly teach Ederson about goalkeeping given that he was already better when he arrived here than any of them at their peaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.