31 | Ederson - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Distribution v poor first half. Sloppy game from him. One good save.

Criticism of his distribution has to be viewed through the lens that Madrid are as good at pressing the goalkeeper as anyone. Surely people haven't forgotten that both Donnarumma and Mendy directly gave away goals to Benzema off the back of Madrid's very aggressive, very high press? This is what they do, and if you want to get the benefit of cutting through the few players they have left after that first line of press, you have to take the risk playing out.

On top of that, Stones' not being fit clearly played a part because he lost the ball several times directly from Ederson passing to him, and then was not an option until he left. Fern came on, and the passing from the back issues dissipated.

Criticism of his distribution has to be viewed through the lens that Madrid are as good at pressing the goalkeeper as anyone. Surely people haven't forgotten that both Donnarumma and Mendy directly gave away goals to Benzema off the back of Madrid's very aggressive, very high press? This is what they do, and if you want to get the benefit of cutting through the few players they have left after that first line of press, you have to take the risk playing out.

On top of that, Stones' not being fit clearly played a part because he lost the ball several times directly from Ederson passing to him, and then was not an option until he left. Fern came on, and the passing from the back issues dissipated.
To be honest Ederson uncharacteristically made some terrible decisions with his passing early on when a simple pass the other way was both clear and easy.

Watching that second goal again. Why didn’t he come out to the player? Seems crazy he allowed his to run so far. I know the defence didn’t close him either but Ederson just seems frozen to his line.

Same old comments whenever we concede, it's almost as if there's a lot of goldfish memories on here, you all saw what happens to us when ederson isn't on the pitch at Wembley didn't you?

How anybody can make the comment about him conceding the first shot they've had is beyond me, it's a fucking brilliant finish no keeper in the world gets even close to it. In fact no keeper is saving any of the goals. Second goal our defence has allowed their player to run into the six yard box, he's never giving ederson even a chance and ederson can't come out because a simple square ball was on the second he leaves his net and the third is a penalty. Truly fucked up to be attempted to suggest he should be saving any of those.

The ederson thread weeding out the morons once more, it never ever fails.
Fully agree with this and relieved to see someone was watching the same match I was.

That first shot which we seem to always concede with, are never shockers from him, well maybe Liverpool at home. As a team we concede from that first chance. He, as a goalkeeper is allowed to save from time to time though. Unless of course you are saying every side we play seem to score unstoppable goals against us. We had this with Bravo and he got battered. I don’t want Ederson battered but I also want him to save us as the last line of defence, like many keepers do when we play them. He’s the best around to build our attacks, I have no doubt of that and maybe it’s the price we pay. It doesn’t mean it can’t be pointed out though.
He does make saves though, plenty of them, he just doesn't make dozens of them a game because we don't face that many shots. He saved us at the death in the last round. He also sweeps up numerous times a game which if he didn't would lead to very good chances for the opposition, he's cutting out so many more chances at source so that he doesn't even have to attempt to make a save. that's better than a save and that rarely gets mentioned. he doesn't save everything he's capable of saving, nobody does but he saves more than enough.

Did courtois make a save yesterday? Conceded 4, 2 were suspect and was only spared conceding another 4 from some poor finishing/decision making

Watching that second goal again. Why didn’t he come out to the player? Seems crazy he allowed his to run so far. I know the defence didn’t close him either but Ederson just seems frozen to his line.

He can't do anything until his defence decide what they're doing, which we know they don't do. The second he comes out whilst they're trying to decide what to do in a 3v2 vinicius finds a square pass to one of the two in support and it's a tap in to an open net.

He does make saves though, plenty of them, he just doesn't make dozens of them a game because we don't face that many shots. He saved us at the death in the last round. He also sweeps up numerous times a game which if he didn't would lead to very good chances for the opposition, he's cutting out so many more chances at source so that he doesn't even have to attempt to make a save. that's better than a save and that rarely gets mentioned. he doesn't save everything he's capable of saving, nobody does but he saves more than enough.

Did courtois make a save yesterday? Conceded 4, 2 were suspect and was only spared conceding another 4 from some poor finishing/decision making

He can't do anything until his defence decide what they're doing, which we know they don't do. The second he comes out whilst they're trying to decide what to do in a 3v2 vinicius finds a square pass to one of the two in support and it's a tap in to an open net.
hahaha is this you eddy lad??? come on own up!

Watford's goal on Saturday was pretty much the same as the Dippers' third at Wembers, and Zack took a mighty beating for not stopping it. I think all our goalies suffer from not getting much action, men and women.
Was it fuck. Steffen got beat at his near post from a Mane scuffed shot which was out of the box. Watford’s goal was close to the six yard box, hit with power and across the keeper. They aren’t even close to being comparable. Some of the shit said on here about Ederson is mental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.