#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin De Bruyne regrets pushing through his ankle injury at Euro 2020, when he took painkilling injections in order to play against Italy

He's still feeling the negative effects of that decision.

"If I had known beforehand what my ankle would have been like afterwards, I would not have played football," De Bruyne told HLN.

Seems Kevin is still struggling from the ankle problem. Should he get a bit of a rest. Against Liverpool he was generally poor but I think its because he is still playing through pain!

We have the players to make the different there. Bernardo, Foden and Gundo can replace him for a while until he recovers fully. Maybe give him some minutes here and there!

Kevin De Bruyne regrets pushing through his ankle injury at Euro 2020, when he took painkilling injections in order to play against Italy

"If I had known beforehand what my ankle would have been like afterwards, I would not have played football," De Bruyne told HLN.

Seems Kevin is still struggling from the ankle problem. Should he get a bit of a rest. Against Liverpool he was generally poor but I think its because he is still playing through pain!

We have the players to make the different there. Bernardo, Foden and Gundo can replace him for a while until he recovers fully. Maybe give him some minutes here and there!
Martinez is a fraud. Goes on like he's above it all some big football brain but he just flogs Kevin like hes a machine! wonder how him koeman and Southgate are in the positions their in as they're all clueless

Agree, leave him out until he’s better. Mind you I bet he’s l still playing tonight.

Martinez is a fraud. Goes on like he's above it all some big football brain but he just flogs Kevin like hes a machine! wonder how him koeman and Southgate are in the positions their in as they're all clueless
All International Coaches don't care about the players. Treat them like machines. Sadly the clubs are the ones suffering always

This is simply on Roberto Martinez.
And the player.

Any player that takes injections to play any game is an idiot, there is no secret to the harm they do, it's long been known.

KDB has had injury problems for some considerable time and is now at an age where they are catching up with him, high time he looked after himself and said NO I am not playing and NO I am not taking medication.That applies to the national team and to City.

If he is not careful his top flight career will be over.

They are in those jobs because in essence International Football is second division stuff these days. It is kept alive to generate money for national bodies mainly via the popularity of the big tournaments. There is no longer any real pressure on an international manager these days in the same way as for example whoever is in charge of Watford. Frauds like Southgate would not last passing time in that sort of setting. Same goes for players Sterling feels no real pressure when he puts on an England shirt compared to City.

This is simply on Roberto Martinez.

No matter how many times people repeat this mind-numbingly stupid accusation, it won't make it true.

The only people involved in the decision are Kevin De Bruyne and the doctor who is required to warn him of the consequences of his decision. It was De Bruyne's choice, and he's paid the consequences for that choice.

How many hundreds of players need to prioritise a chance at a trophy over long term injury risk before people just accept that players are always going to do this? It's a short career anyway and you might well never be 2 games from winning the European Championships again.

If he's still suffering, we should let him rest until the united game. gundo back soon so I think we can probably muscle through those fixtures without him.

Foolish by Kev to have played whilst carrying an injury, even worse to play while injected knowing full well the potential consequences.
He shouldn't play tonight, but he will run his guts out for 90 minutes and come back to us in a worse condition than he left us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.