Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but they don't have the caliber of players that we have. I am referring to the fact that if some of our players were in other teams like Liverpool, Chelsea or Man United they will get so much more hype and praise than they ever will at City!

One big example is David Silva! He has to be one of the best players in the world of his time! Aguero same! Kompany same! But because they played for City they never get the recognition they deserve.

Bring Salah to City and then no one will talk about him anyone cause he has become a City player!

This deep denial that many live in about the rise of City is annoying the old guard and its becoming repetitive! City is here to win and here to stay! They have to live with it now
All of that is absolutely true. But tbh it's been like that for years now.

I know an Everton fan he told me years ago, City could win the title for the next ten years and Liverpool would still get the headlines. That is certainly turned out to be true.

But tbh I like it like that, look at utd now, they get the media bias, the excitement over signing Ronaldo or the superlatives for rashford. But it's not helping them, in fact it's forcing their owners to listen /concentrate on the politics rather than the team and club. They make Hollywood signings to keep the media and fans off their back. I never want that for city, I quite like where we are. I like our owners to actually concentrate on running a business.

Great post. It is the double standards which annoy me the most.

This recent massacre of civilians by the US didn't get a lot of coverage in this country. It didn't suit the hero narrative. Imagine if this had been carried out by the Saudis.
Bang on the money. Locally they knew the US had messed up straight away so I assume the US did pretty soon after, yet it took a long while for them to admit it.

Mind you, it wasnt the US trying to stop the Magpie deal, just some of its citizens

Nice little dig at the likes of Delaney, Glendenning etc in the FT today:

It must be hilarious for them, regularly reporting on investments from the middle-east in British businesses and multinationals, government deals and trade agreements and only ever see a spark of outrage when a football club is bought for a piddling amount of money.

I also suspect it's a bit like a grown up overhearing a discussion by 10 year olds.

Pep sees this and it contributed to his comments regarding fans turning up to watch the team against Southampton.

I think the lack of recognition in the media really irritates him. It's probably a big factor in the overall happiness for some players. Had one of the media darlings done what we've done since Pep came in there'd be non stop praise and recognition for the players.

I think it boils Pep's piss.
Though it is very annoying I really believe it works in our favour. Whilst the usual teams are fawned over for the slightest little thing our players and manager are largely ignored for much greater achievements. I believe the way we and they are treated by the media gives our players and manager the motivation needed to stick it down their throats. Bernado was given dog's abuse by the dippers and the media over the Mendy incident and his coffee break during their 'Guard of Honour' and now he plays against them like a man possessed. The same applies to Guardiola who is as passionate and as motivated as he ever was and I'm not sure he would still be if the media had treated him like they did the pisscan during his time with us. He can see through their bullshit and it is clear he f*cking hates them with a passion during some press conferences.

Ultimately it creates a false optimism and an even greater pressure on those fawned over teams at the vital points and also at the business end of the season. While they are bigged up we can just quietly get on with things with a steely determination rather than a sycophantic pressure.

But that said, the way our clean sweep of domestic trophies and the 17 game winning run which overtook and then won the title over the dippers was reported and now remembered (ignored) is an absolute travesty of inherent bias.

Still, I'd never want us to get the plastic praise they get in a million years.

Be interesting to see these so called sports journalists in hospitality in St James Park. If they write the same cr@p about Newcastle's owners as they do about ours, we know how much the Crown Prince appreciates criticism from Journalists!
"especially for smaller clubs like Newcastle"

I'm sure the Geordies will love that!

City score a great goal its always " wonderful goal by City " but, "looked a tad offside", "took a deflection", "looked like a foul on the lead up", "poor goalkeeping", "poor defending", " this is what you'd expect when you spend £100 million".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.