#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? What are you talking about?

Rewatch the goal and you'll see Raheem picks his head up a second before the pass and spots Palmer.

I can't believe anyone thinks that pass wasn't intended for Palmer.

As I posted recently, it does not matter what he does from now on, these guys will only post the negatives.

As I posted recently, it does not matter what he does from now on, these guys will only post the negatives.
there was a game a few weeks ago when he played quite well, three posts in his thread , including me , the usual detracters cant wait to fire off abuse when he doesnt play as well, very telling indeed

there was a game a few weeks ago when he played quite well, three posts in his thread , including me , the usual detracters cant wait to fire off abuse when he doesnt play as well, very telling indeed

He was good last night, looked sharp and a goal threat, made a great goal and got blasted for it, Some fans.

Even as a massive Raz fan it is hard to not see the reasons why he may be off.

He's not gotten back to himself, even if I like others have wondered if he needs a proper no. 9 to be at his best (Was nodding when Ahsan from 9320 also hinted at this talking with Ste on his Esteemed Kompany channel recently).

It might be that the only solution for him is a change of scenery and even as I know that will frustrate some of us if he turns it around elsewhere, it may very well be it almost just cannot happen here. Hard for any of us to know, but that might the the reality.

Even if I can readily refer to how more than a few of our players under Pep who have seemed certain to be gone still found some way to return to form and get back into the team. I was convinced at one point that each one of Aguero, Stones, Bernardo and Mahrez and now Laporte (still could go) would be off, and they all stayed.

However, I do think it is worth considering that Sterling may be a different case linked to his personality, where we have long suspected he is one who really needs to "feel the love" more so than others. Whilst Pep has given him chances, including the CL final, Raz isn't producing enough to what we even saw with England this past summer at the Euros (will say his pass to Palmer was excellent yesterday, however) and with Grealish here now and what was spent for him you do wonder how that affects him (Daniel Storey on the Totally Football pod hinted this as possibly impacting things on Monday, I believe).

Grealish is not playing so well right now, so there is some window again for Sterling to prove himself, but it doesn't seem to be happening and makes me wonder, does he have that in him now?

Problem is the market is not great in general, nor for him for what he may want in wages or top clubs willing to just slot him in as a starter at the moment and he will have to downgrade his expectations for clubs and wages (the latter outside of say Newcastle which would be far worse in the former).

Barca, sure, but they won't pay the wages he wants. I guess their reputation and the attention that comes with it would be the allure, but he's not assured of time there even though Griezmann is gone. Fati is back and playing well it seems, but TBF, there is probably less competition than with us.

If he goes Palmer would get more opportunities, but whilst I feel Raz probably more likely to move this summer, seems anything could happen.

Seriously? What are you talking about?

Rewatch the goal and you'll see Raheem picks his head up a second before the pass and spots Palmer.

I can't believe anyone thinks that pass wasn't intended for Palme

Replace Palmer for Mahrez and your post is then correct
Correct hilts ....his look up was to Mahrez
I said it the and I'm still convinced, don't mind though a goal is a goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.