#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately no longer at the level we need, to get to the places we want to go.

Love the bloke and really feel for him but it doesn't just look like form. Basic things don't seem to be there or when they are, they are in short bursts.

I wonder if he has something going on away from football that is affecting him. Really really hope he gets back to his best but its been a long time since he has. Just feels like anybody else we have in the squad in his position is better than him on all fronts.

But what he does need is our support. Not the fucking horrible shit throwing that some on here are chucking his way.
Shit throwing like what?

IMO, Pep made Raheem weaker.

Changing his position from RW to LW has ruined him.
Poor guy, a manager changes his position and he forgets how to play…Is there any bad thing that happens where you don’t blame Pep? Zinchenko, Cancelo, KDB, Torres, Fernandinho, Silva, Gundogan, Foden have all played in different positions with Pep, and all of them are better now thanks to that. I suppose Sterling is super fragile and not that good if he forgets how to play football that easily.

Bit of a slow start to the season after a really good summer is a bit disappointing, but I'm sure he will find his feet.

My only one problem is that I don't think he can play in the 9 role for us, I don't think he's ever looked great there tbh and I'm not 100% why pep continues to try it. Maybe he see's something that I don't, but I'm not a fan.

Bit of a slow start to the season after a really good summer is a bit disappointing, but I'm sure he will find his feet.

My only one problem is that I don't think he can play in the 9 role for us, I don't think he's ever looked great there tbh and I'm not 100% why pep continues to try it. Maybe he see's something that I don't, but I'm not a fan.
Looked shite on the left for how long? Behind Mahrez and then Jesus after his 2 good games against shite so not loads of options on where to play Raz. If he continues to struggle with basic control though I don’t think it makes much difference where Pep plays him.

Resting players and no other reason...pep has seen raz blunder chance after chance the same as all of us.
maybe, but ferran only played 60ish midweek and could of been rested against Wycome. I could be wrong, but to me it kinda felt like a 'gta play him to keep him happy" type of move.

He wasn't on his own yesterday in having a shit game to be fair.

Like others have said.

Trouble is every game he plays **FOR US** these days is a shit game. He has been dreadful

Does the same thing over and over, runs down blind allies falls over. I never expect him to beat a Man anymore,or score in a 1 v 1.

He has no redeeming features, his first touch is dreadful, Ball control the lot. Effort is also non existent.

He has been that bad, i find i am asking myself if it is being done deliverate,engineering a move away to those who will pay him more.

No one becomes this shit so quickly.

I don't think Sterling is contributing anything unique, things that many others like Mahrez and Bruno can add naturally to the side, at the moment. He just doesn't seen capable of running at and going past defenders which was his trademark skill.

If we could I'd capitalise on him in the next window whilst he is still worth something, though sadly I see his price falling after each game he plays.... thank goodness for the waistcoat who is helping sustain his value to us.
Frank Bruno?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.