Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won’t be changing my thinking, unless I’m proven wrong.
Until he has agreed and signed with a City shirt on his back, it’s just speculation from everyone.
I did not say that he does not change to City. I just think that you can forget your wage ideas. Haaland will go to the one that bids most and as their is interest by all the big clubs and the transfer fee is still somewhat reasonable it will be a bidding war.

I actually just exclude Bayern from the list of targets as Bayern will not play this match and Lewy will play another 2 or 3 years for Bayern. You cannot "sell" wages like the ones Haaland will go for (and some of the big ones will pay) and agent fees like the one Raiola wants to the German fans.

----------------------

Some mention Havertz and Werner as flops...

Havertz for me was not top shelf - atleast I did not want him at Bayern as we have better options. For a "nice to have" he is just to expansive. In my eyes he lacks workrate and body - and he is not the biggest in chance creation. He would have matched to your team with his positioning and him being a thread in the box - but still formable and I would have trusted Pep to make him useful in your strikerless formation. He actually had his best periods last season as a no. 9 - but in a "special" system.

Werner is and was always a one-trick-pony. Yes, a great one when you use him right in the ideal system. Behind a workhorse striker in a system that often works on the break and where you can find space behind the defense. But he always was a run and miss - somewhen he had a good spell and scored bundles - sometimes he had longer periods of no goals. So - it is not really surprising that he does not function - it is something you could see already in the Bundesliga.

That is not comparable to Haaland even if I see the weaknesses Haaland still has(he works on his weaknesses).

Last edited:
Reactions: nmc
I did not say that he does not change to City. I just think that you can forget your wage ideas. Haaland will go to the one that bids most and as their is interest by all the big clubs and the transfer fee is still somewhat reasonable it will be a bidding war.

I actually just exclude Bayern from the list of targets as Bayern will not play this match and Lewy will play another 2 or 3 years for Bayern. You cannot "sell" wages like the ones Haaland will go for (and some of the big ones will pay) and agent fees like the one Raiola wants to the German fans.

----------------------

Some mention Havertz and Werner as flops...

Havertz for me was not top shelf - atleast I did not want him at Bayern as we have better options. For a "nice to have" he is just to expansive. In my eyes he lacks workrate and body - and he is not the biggest in chance creation. He would have matched to your team with his positioning and him being a thread in the box - but still formable and I would have trusted Pep to make him useful in your strikerless formation. He actually had his best periods last season as a no. 9 - but in a "special" system.

Werner is and was always a one-trick-pony. Yes, a great one when you use him right in the ideal system. Behind a workhorse striker in a system that often works on the break and where you can find space behind the defense. But he always was a run and miss - somewhen he had a good spell and scored bundles - sometimes he had longer periods of no goals. So - it is not really surprising that he does not function - it is something you could see already in the Bundesliga.

That is not comparable to Haaland even if I see the weaknesses Haaland still has(he works on his weaknesses).
Again you are speculating about what his wage will be. As I am speculating.

Haaland will not be at City, on anywhere near those figures you were quoting. He may well receive a huge signing on fee, but his contract will be within our wage structure.
Again this is my assumption. But based on the way City work. Along with the lessons learned from Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus and the unsustainable wage structure they had in place, and how it has come back to bite them on their arse.

If we pass up the chance to sign a willing Haaland over penny pinching principles over wages, and he goes to a rival, it'll be the biggest mistake we make as a club post takeover. We'll regret it for decades.

It can't happen.
This is exactly what some City fans were saying about Sanchez as it became clear that his enthusiasm for a move ti City cooled. In fact, Sanchez became concerned between September and December 2017. This was as the Centurions really got into their stride, Sane and Sterling were revelations in Sanchez's positions and Sanchez began to wonder how much first team action he would see at City. It's against this background that his agent began to agitate for more money for his man and Mourinho moved in with United's "offer". Some City fans were furious that we had lost out on Sanchez, whom they assured us would guarantee us the CL! They certainly were wide of the mark.

This is exactly what some City fans were saying about Sanchez as it became clear that his enthusiasm for a move ti City cooled. In fact, Sanchez became concerned between September and December 2017. This was as the Centurions really got into their stride, Sane and Sterling were revelations in Sanchez's positions and Sanchez began to wonder how much first team action he would see at City. It's against this background that his agent began to agitate for more money for his man and Mourinho moved in with United's "offer". Some City fans were furious that we had lost out on Sanchez, whom they assured us would guarantee us the CL! They certainly were wide of the mark.

So many people said this about Alexis Sanchez, Eden Hazard, Mesut Özil, Robin van Persie, Harry Maguire, Harry Kane etc...

Get over it. If we don't sign him we don't sign him. There are plenty of fish in the sea. Haaland isn't and will never be the only world class striker around.

If he was so good that he guaranteed league titles, wouldn't he have a Bundesliga medal by now?

If you think the Sanchez comparison is an accurate one then I can't help you.

Hazard coming here would've taken us miles away from the competition, as would've Van Persie.

As it was Van Persie was the only reason we didn't retain our title in 2013 and Hazard helped Chelsea to a couple of titles at our expense too.

Haaland is the hottest prospect in football at the moment, and is only 21 years old. Players like him don't come around very often. He's literally perfect for us, and if you think him going to a rival wouldn't be a huge blow you're deluding yourself.

If he signed for a domestic rival he could be a thorn in our side for a decade, whereas if he'd signed for us he'd further separate us from the chasing pack and cement the side for the foreseeable future.

I strongly believe we'd go on to regret it. This'd be Van Persie+Hazard x1000.
I don't see which rival could sign him before us. Liverpool doesnt throw that kind of money around , Manure is in chaos and won't win serious trophies any time soon, Newcastle will take too long to get to the top , Chelsea could potentially but they already have Lukaku, I dont know how that would work out.
We are literally his best option if he decides to join the PL, don't see him join Manure , for example, just cause they offer more money , theres no guarantee of winning trophies there

I don't see which rival could sign him before us. Liverpool doesnt throw that kind of money around , Manure is in chaos and won't win serious trophies any time soon, Newcastle will take too long to get to the top , Chelsea could potentially but they already have Lukaku, I dont know how that would work out.
We are literally his best option if he decides to join the PL, don't see him join Manure , for example, just cause they offer more money , theres no guarantee of winning trophies there
I am certain the media will link him heavily to United and maybe even Chelsea at some point, which will cause overreactions here (“City doesn’t sign players that talk to other clubs!” etc... the usual)

If you think the Sanchez comparison is an accurate one then I can't help you.

Hazard coming here would've taken us miles away from the competition, as would've Van Persie.

As it was Van Persie was the only reason we didn't retain our title in 2013 and Hazard helped Chelsea to a couple of titles at our expense too.

Haaland is the hottest prospect in football at the moment, and is only 21 years old. Players like him don't come around very often. He's literally perfect for us, and if you think him going to a rival wouldn't be a huge blow you're deluding yourself.
Pure conjecture. Not a single fact in the entire piece. It certainly isn't me that needs help and definitely not from you.

Yes City quite rightly didn’t want up our offer. City shouldn’t be seen as a pushover to any club.
The irony is that everytime utd gazump City on a deal, thinking they have scored an advantage over us, it persistently backfires.
The quality of players, and fees they they end up paying, just make them look desperate and amateurish.
I'd like to think City have played utd like a fish and got them to buy duds, just to fuck them up further. Wish we could do it to Liverpool as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.