Brighton (A) - Post-Match Thread

Second half was nothing to do with game management. Potter changed his tactics and went to a diamond formation. Pep admitted he couldn’t get his instructions across to the players during the second half to change it tactically. Difficult during the game he said. Changed when he sent Kev and Mahrez on. Potter got it wrong tactically in the first half, but the sign of a very good manager, that he was able to change it up. Foden and Bernie were superb. Full credit to Jack, was used to be the star in the villa side, but really settled into the team ethic. Did a lot of selfish work yesterday.

Come on City, you can do better than that, at least have the decency to score at our end (Riyad exempt from criticism) so I don’t have to watch Match of the Day at 2am this morning in order to get any real idea of what the goals were like! Not huge on big screen goal replays or halftime highlights those Sussex by the Sea boys. In real time was fairly sure Jesus got the first and Good Dog the third - #shouldhavegoneto...

As reported today, it gets misconstrued by other fans.

The Hove fans misinterpreted the song as arrogance, or the 1 who posted it on the fan forum did at least.

Other fans don't get the irony.

Should change it to "Utd win fuck all with half a billion of debt""

Bit puzzled, though.
Surely we sing our songs for us? There are one or two I don't join in on, because I don't like them. But whether other fans get it or not, what do we care?
I like all the songs in which we take the piss out of ourselves. I think it sharply distinguishes us from the Anfield cult, and the rags, and just about every other set of fans I know of in the land.
We know where we've come from, we know where we're going. We were in the third division; we then won the lottery and became one of the richest clubs in the world. Not apologising for it, because after all, who would? But our songs refer to our past (or at least the roughest part of it). Not ashamed of any of it. I'm sure you're not either.

Second half was nothing to do with game management. Potter changed his tactics and went to a diamond formation. Pep admitted he couldn’t get his instructions across to the players during the second half to change it tactically. Difficult during the game he said. Changed when he sent Kev and Mahrez on. Potter got it wrong tactically in the first half, but the sign of a very good manager, that he was able to change it up. Foden and Bernie were superb. Full credit to Jack, was used to be the star in the villa side, but really settled into the team ethic. Did a lot of selfish work yesterday.
I did not notice what BHA did but it was noticeable that as soon as BHA scored, City took control and went on to score a 4th. IMO inthe 1st half we pressed them relentlessly and just didn't do it to the same extent in the 2nd half.

I was there today, sat in the Brighton end. I agree with the comments about “small time” etc but they are pretty harmless and benign crowd at least where I was sat. Within 5 minutes some woman behind me had offered me a square of dark chocolate because it’s “good for your heart” and the bloke next to me said “oh are you supporting City, well good luck to you”

We parked on the racecourse for the free park n ride so 99% Brighton fans. No problems at all there or back. Had a nice chat with a mum and her autistic son, saying how good City were and how much Brighton do for the community. Her son plays in an disability league which Brighton are involved in and it gas helped him so much.
During the match to our right in with the Brighton fans was a Lad of about 10 in his City shirt. It was treated with good humour by all. As was another lad we spoke with waiting for the bus, again about 7 in his City shirt and they had been sat in the home crowd.

I havent been to many away grounds but that was so easy to get to and away from. About 20 min wait for the bus , got to the racecourse car park which was mostly empty. Left and never saw a queue, it was like a football match had never taken place , bizarre ! . Unlike City were I am stuck in the car park for an hour than an hour getting through Manchester lol. Mine you we get double the crowd ;).

Mine you some knobhead Brighton fan had a Ronaldo shirt lol

Was a good day all round and the queue for the train back to Brighton wasn't too bad. Was pretty near the front and the group of dickheads with the rag shirt,the dickhead in the hat and the fat bastard who kept showing his stomach where equalized by the young city fan by them who seemed to be having a great time. Need to sort their bin issues out though. Smell was awful

Jamie Redknapp explained offside not given before pen because it was in a different phase of play. I suppose VAR can only be used in the final phase? Still seems odd when VAR has seen the offside but can't judge on it.
Even more so when you consider the directive for the linos not to flag for offside if it's tight. Even when the attacker is a mile off they wait. Still, onwards and upwards.

Was a good day all round and the queue for the train back to Brighton wasn't too bad. Was pretty near the front and the group of dickheads with the rag shirt,the dickhead in the hat and the fat bastard who kept showing his stomach where equalized by the young city fan by them who seemed to be having a great time. Need to sort their bin issues out though. Smell was awful

I had to turn away from looking at his belly yuk !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.