Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve had a look at the dates and while the redshirts have only finished in the top 2 three times in the last half a century, the last being 20 years ago, there were also a couple of very early outliers. So five times in total in the history of the English professional game.

That is the exact same as the number of times City and the odd lot from Trafford have made up the top 2. Five times, including last season.

City and the Cult have made up the top two on four occasions so far, so only one occasion less. And might yet end up doing so again this season.

Yet this game is supposedly the classic title rivalry for the ages?

Can’t be arsed checking but if you throw Arsenal and Chelsea into the mix then I’m sure they would approach similar numbers against the rags.

It is a media myth. Self serving hype and tripe.

Iv seen a lot of talk about the journalist whatsaap group on here. Does anyone uae any solid information on this??? Who created it? Whats discussed on it erc

This might sound daft, bearing in mind I am on a football forum and have a season ticket but no, I have zero interest in football. During the dark years we were away at Birmingham for a night match. The rags were playing at the swamp in a European game. They were 3-0 up at half time. As we came out the ground I heard the score was 3-2. I turned to my mate and said about away goals counting double. I didn't even know it had gone to a league I thought it was still a knockout tournament.

Well , you write a fair bit of sense, normally.but did you really think a 3-2 loss could ever be anything other than a loss ?

I was a bit bored:

Dippers 1st Rags 2nd:
1946/47; 1963/64; 1979/80; 1987/88

Rags 1st, Dippers 2nd:
2008/09

City1st Rags 2nd:
1968/69; 2011/12; 2017/18, 2020/21

Rags 1st City 2nd:
2012/13

City1st Dippers 2nd
2013/14; 2018/19

Dippers 1st City 2nd
1976/77 2019/20

I think it's right.
Yep, spot on. So in the 132 years of the league title in its various guises, they have been the main protagonists in less than four per cent of seasons. A media myth

The DM are running an article on the 18 clubs voting for a month long ban on sponsorship by related parties. Can’t get anywhere near the comments section with anything realated to the dippers sponsorship, and that’s in an unmoderated forum.

Both teams tactics explained for today.

Kellar-the-Blind-Dog.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.