United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dailymail claiming the 5-0 drubbing from the scousers is worse than the 6-1 drubbing the rags received from us, I just don't get the media's obsession with trying to re-write history. The 6-1 came when the rags were still considered a powerhouse in world football, it happened under the watch of "the great" feggie , it happened to a team that had just played in the ucl final about a year ago, It happened to the current PL CHAMPIONS at the time . At the current state the rags are in, you really get no points for beating them 5-0 or even 10-0, beating them right now just highlights how bad they have been for the past 8 years, however absolutely destroying them back in 2012 signified a power shift, we shook them to their core and wrestled power from them.

The media loves going on about the famous "knocked them off ther perch '" speech, well the 6-1 was our own "knock them off their perch" moment and looking back now its clear to see that we have well and truly knocked the rags off their perch but hey the scousers beat a team that has been in free fall for the last 8 years,truly the greatest performance in the history of the PL......at least that's the story the media are peddling.

Last edited:
The dailymail claiming the 5-0 drubbing was worse than the 6-1 drubbing they received, I just don't get the media's obsession with trying to re-write history. The 6-1 came when the rags were still considered a powerhouse in world football, it happened under the watch of "the great" feggie , it happened to a team that had just played in the ucl final about a year ago. At the current state the rags are in, you really get no pints for beating them 5-0 or even 10-0, beating them right now just highlights how bad they have been for the past 8 years, however absolutely destroying them back in 2012 signified a power shift, we shook them to their core and wrestled power from them.

The media loves going on about the famous "knocked them off ther perch '" speech, well the 6-1 was our own "knock them off their perch" moment and looking back now its leae to see that we have well and truly knocked the rags off their perch but hey the scousers beat a team that has been in free fall for the last 8 years,truly the greatest performance in the history of the PL......at least that's the story the media are peddling.
I dunno, they're probably painful in different ways for them, but as a single one off result I get why some might see Sunday as worse. They were on the backfoot from the first minute and the game was over by half time. They were still in competition with us, and by any measure Liverpool are light years ahead of them.

I dunno, they're probably painful in different ways for them, but as a single one off result I get why some might see Sunday as worse. They were on the backfoot from the first minute and the game was over by half time. They were still in competition with us, and by any measure Liverpool are light years ahead of them.

Yep think we scored 3 goals in the last 5 mins! Scousers fucked them up from there first goal.

Reading sadcafe & speaking to Utd m8s they have fully given up on ole! Lol

they expect defeats at Spurs & believe we could score 8 against them. :-)

sadly we should of scored 8 on the last few occasions we have played them yet they have walked away with the points.

I really hope pep goes for them this time. We have had so many opportunities to totally finish them off. Defeats at Spurs & v us could set them into a relegation battle

Exactly why the defeat we handed out was GREATER than the one they got from the scousers. You don't remember Ali for his fights against the no name boxers, you remember him for his fight against the very competitive fighters and how he outclassed them, the rags right now are a mid-table team, the rags back then were the champions and they put up a fight under the management of "the great" feggie and ermmmm....they got smashed terribly.

One of the many problems they have is that they have spent 60+ years cultivating the myth of the "special" club steeped in tradition. They've built what amounts to a theme park around this myth and they are now hamstrung by it.

How can they suddenly acknowledge that "the united way" is a fabrication, that the "class of '92" was actually three excellent players Scholes, Beckham and Giggs while the others were journeymen like the Nevilles and Nicky Butt, but all of whom benefitted from being at the richest club at the time when the PL was formed for that club's benefit 30 years ago ? How can they acknowledge that they are now a sacking club ? How can they acknowledge that now they are just another club in the division ?

In short, how can they pretend that there is anything special about their club at all ?

Ashton's got his work cut out.

Exactly why the defeat we handed out was GREATER than the one they got from the scousers. You don't remember Ali for his fights against the no name boxers, you remember him for his fight against the very competitive fighters and how he outclassed them, the rags right now are a mid-table team, the rags back then were the champions and they put up a fight under the management of "the great" feggie and ermmmm....they got smashed terribly.
I think we are arguing the same point from a different perspective. City's win was more impressive than Liverpool's win in terms of what it said about where those two clubs are, but from the perspective of United fans Sunday's might be more painful. To borrow your Ali comparison, it's like watching him in 81 against Berbick when he's clearly out of shape, already struggling from bits of brain damage and frankly so far off the pace it's like he's playing a different sport. Painful in different ways, I suppose.

For what it's worth, if I was a United fan I'd still be angrier about the return fixture that same season when Ferguson bottled it playing for a draw because he was terrified of Yaya, they were miserable and didn't even have a shot on target. It's not as well-remembered but I thought that was infinitely more embarrassing for them given that City side might have struggled with the pressure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.