United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are arguing the same point from a different perspective. City's win was more impressive than Liverpool's win in terms of what it said about where those two clubs are, but from the perspective of United fans Sunday's might be more painful. To borrow your Ali comparison, it's like watching him in 81 against Berbick when he's clearly out of shape, already struggling from bits of brain damage and frankly so far off the pace it's like he's playing a different sport. Painful in different ways, I suppose.

For what it's worth, if I was a United fan I'd still be angrier about the return fixture that same season when Ferguson bottled it playing for a draw because he was terrified of Yaya, they were miserable and didn't even have a shot on target. It's not as well-remembered but I thought that was infinitely more embarrassing for them given that City side might have struggled with the pressure!
My favourite part of Vinnie's goal celebration was when he ran for the corner flag and just shoved the Utd defender out of the way like he wasn't there. What a man.

Luckily for them they still have around £2.4bn left from those 2 transfers, they'll be alright!

The dailymail claiming the 5-0 drubbing from the scousers is worse than the 6-1 drubbing the rags received from us, I just don't get the media's obsession with trying to re-write history. The 6-1 came when the rags were still considered a powerhouse in world football, it happened under the watch of "the great" feggie , it happened to a team that had just played in the ucl final about a year ago, It happened to the current PL CHAMPIONS at the time . At the current state the rags are in, you really get no points for beating them 5-0 or even 10-0, beating them right now just highlights how bad they have been for the past 8 years, however absolutely destroying them back in 2012 signified a power shift, we shook them to their core and wrestled power from them.

The media loves going on about the famous "knocked them off ther perch '" speech, well the 6-1 was our own "knock them off their perch" moment and looking back now its clear to see that we have well and truly knocked the rags off their perch but hey the scousers beat a team that has been in free fall for the last 8 years,truly the greatest performance in the history of the PL......at least that's the story the media are peddling.
CL final 5 months before.

CL final 5 months before.

Won a league title 5 months before as well, this current version of the rags have not won the league since 2013. If the dippers had dicked us 5 nil at the Etihad maybe it would be a seismic event, unfortunately they can’t and we should have wiped the floor with them at Anfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.