Any past or present City player everybody seems to rate but you don't

Probably ..cos he wasn,t.
He was red.so looking back I can see why you had that view of him..

Still liked him though,and I thought he was quality,a proper old school centre forward(for City)..,never pulled out of a challenge.
Would batter the ball into the net given half a chance..I remember Birmingham City at home...few weeks after we had beaten Huddersfield 10-..1...it was nil nil.Maine road was flat,nothing happening,one of those days where there was no atmosphere at all...Stewart got the ball,spun the the centre half,and Battered the ball into the net..from distance.
.Maine rd erupted. Won 3nil I think.
Lol that explains it! - Yes he was decent enough (well for us at the time!) just didn't like the guy, mind you I also didn't like Wayne Biggins either - Maybe because they looked similar?

Robinho , world class rated striker but was only signed on deadline day to raise the profile of our club and was the epitome of the term "mercenary" , he joined for the money , not the project or the club or the manager. But his signing did the job because other star players signed like Yaya who actually gave a f*ck and were great signings , but Robinho will always be classed as a disappointment in my humble opinion, but he would have suited the Rags down to the ground , how many shirts would he have sold at the Swamp ?
I get what you are saying - and agree, but I really liked Robinho, class player and brought some great football to us, also the game against arse just wow! But with that said he obviously didn't seem to know anything about City before he joined us !!

Sterling, always said he's not a footballer

Hart, a few magnificent performances but distribution was crap, couldnt dive to his left and was a bellend

Clichy, totally limited full back who was 20 years after his time, would have been great in the early 90s

Kelechi, bang bang average yet everyone loved him

Benjani, scored at their place, shite apart from that

I could go on
Got to say, never saw the Kelechi hype either. It was like he was our great hope.

Van Buyten. Clearly went on to have a great career and prove himself as a fantastic player but to me, he was nothing special during his loan spell contrary to common belief.

Van Buyten. Clearly went on to have a great career and prove himself as a fantastic player but to me, he was nothing special during his loan spell contrary to common belief.
His first game he was immense. Just the presence he had.
Then he wasn’t so immense. Similar to Mangala.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.