So how many?

I suspect people heard you were coming and decided to stay home. Weather may have played a part as parts of the country were flooded and maybe people didn’t want to risk it. Deferred season tickets which the club is struggling to sell. Said it before we don’t have vast loads of tourists wanting to fill the void. But this is what pisses me off in that tickets get siphoned off for big away games yet these same people never want to watch Palace at home. mind you for £50 a seat I wouldn’t either. Third tier of south stand should be match day tickets only, no season card holders and every seat priced at £25 for adults and £10 for under 18‘s. First come first served with seats opening up three weeks before a game.

Haha, had not factored in my own attendance!

Like the third tier, South Stand suggestion, would be incentive for many on the day

If you don't fill your seat, either with your own arse or somebody else's, for something like 80% of games, you should lose your season card for the following season. Understand that not everyone can make every game, but put it up for exchange of you can't go.
I know a fella living over here that has a seasoncard, and he gets over to about half the games. He's spending a tidy amount every season going to these games. More than a fair proportion of blues who are fortunate enough to live within relatively easy travelling distance of the stadium. Why should he be punished for living a long way from the stadium, when he's spending thousands every season?

The usual excuse of S/T holders not turning up for a variety of reasons doesn't hold water in this instance as the away section of SS3 was available to home fans and those seats are not sold as season tickets.
There looked to have been at least a third of seats available in that section.
How does the ticket exchange work? Are tickets put up for sale together with other seats available on the day or are they in a separate area of the web site?

It's a valid point. The website wasn't telling me on Friday there were seats available together for the usual away third tier, yet it was pretty sparse.

Just when the club are coming under fire from everywhere with the “empty seats”’jibe it’s like this season they’ve done everything in their power to make it worse. Buying tickets got harder, getting in got slower, access has got worse. I’m no Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells and find 90% of fan whines to be embarrassing and often misplaced, but this season someone has fucked up on a massive scale.
That is a very fair assessment. The entire ‘matchday experience’, as they like to call, it has deteriorated by some margin for many average punters this year.

Loads have deferred this season, that’s hot to be a huge part in attendances.
I have deferred my seat. Went to Burnley game on a free ticket courtesy of a mate. He couldn't make Palace game either and offered me another freebie last Wednesday. I told him I'd let him know Thursday but I decided to go fishing instead. I watched about half the game on my phone. I made the right decision not to go I think, and I won't be paying £60+ for a match ticket anytime soon, that's for sure.

Just when the club are coming under fire from everywhere with the “empty seats”’jibe it’s like this season they’ve done everything in their power to make it worse. Buying tickets got harder, getting in got slower, access has got worse. I’m no Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells and find 90% of fan whines to be embarrassing and often misplaced, but this season someone has fucked up on a massive scale.
(Tongue in cheek time or EB trying to bring a little perspective back as we just lost a game really not a war)

And still there are no Meat and Potato pies and only fries not proper chips like we used to get!!!

We have 3 season cards. My wife, myself, and then one of her brother's ideally.

We had our first kid last June, who was born with a fully treatable disability but requires a lot of work getting him into a brace before bed, so a babysitter is out of the question - we take it in turns going, so one of our tickets is always free. Her brothers are in uni a couple of hours away so can't make every game.

In previous seasons, whichever one of us was going would just take the free season cards into town and hand them off to friends who would meet us. Not anymore as we don't have a printer at home and the tickets are on our phones.

I can't be bothered faffing about with the club's shambles of ticketing. So blame them that our three seats are rarely filled.

We will probably give up two of them next season anyway as this is the most disengaged I've ever felt from the club. Sick of all the moaning directed at fans when the club is actively trying to make it more difficult to fill the ground.

For this season, you want my three seats filled, get the club to send us cards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.