So how many?

(Tongue in cheek time or EB trying to bring a little perspective back as we just lost a game really not a war)

And still there are no Meat and Potato pies and only fries not proper chips like we used to get!!!
Schoolgirl error there EB... Everyone knows they're Potato and Meat pies. Unless your talking about a new veggie option, 'no meat and potato'

;-)

Schoolgirl error there EB... Everyone knows they're Potato and Meat pies. Unless your talking about a new veggie option, 'no meat and potato'

;-)
Whoops, of course in my school days (no we did not use slates thank you!) it would have been called meat and potato even though there would have been more potato but meat was a God as we didn't get to have very much in the war....get out the violins for this poor deprived child that was!! ;-)

We have 3 season cards. My wife, myself, and then one of her brother's ideally.

We had our first kid last June, who was born with a fully treatable disability but requires a lot of work getting him into a brace before bed, so a babysitter is out of the question - we take it in turns going, so one of our tickets is always free. Her brothers are in uni a couple of hours away so can't make every game.

In previous seasons, whichever one of us was going would just take the free season cards into town and hand them off to friends who would meet us. Not anymore as we don't have a printer at home and the tickets are on our phones.

I can't be bothered faffing about with the club's shambles of ticketing. So blame them that our three seats are rarely filled.

We will probably give up two of them next season anyway as this is the most disengaged I've ever felt from the club. Sick of all the moaning directed at fans when the club is actively trying to make it more difficult to fill the ground.

For this season, you want my three seats filled, get the club to send us cards.

I'd also like to point out that whilst the club has made the overall matchday experience a good deal shitter, I walk past club employees dressed like butlers holding umbrellas branded with "the tunnel club" over tourists who look like they're dressed for a high society gala.

The club doesn't give a fuck about the common fan, yet there are regular threads on here where all us plebs fight amongst ourselves and blame eachother.

I had to miss yesterday's match as I'm self-isolating, I put my seat in EL3 on the exchange on Friday without much hope of selling it - it's never sold on there before - but I was pleasantly surprised that it was snapped up by late afternoon. I do think the bulk of the empty seats are S/T holders who for whatever reason haven't been able to make it or else they simply couldn't be bothered (not an attitude I understand but it seems to happen).

I'd also like to point out that whilst the club has made the overall matchday experience a good deal shitter, I walk past club employees dressed like butlers holding umbrellas branded with "the tunnel club" over tourists who look like they're dressed for a high society gala.

The club doesn't give a fuck about the common fan, yet there are regular threads on here where all us plebs fight amongst ourselves and blame eachother.
I mentioned in another thread last week that a few fans I know seem to feel a growing ‘disconnect’ from the club and quite a few have sacked it off altogether or are seriously thinking about it, despite many being home and away veterans since the 80s and 90s. Whether that’s a result of external unconnected factors such as age, re-evaluation of priorities in the post Covid world, or simply the expense and hassle of getting to and getting into the stadium these days, it definitely appears to be a growing feeling, particularly among local ‘legacy fans’

I am sure I am going to invite hostile replies...but I just wanted to make the case for those Blues who don't have the good fortune to live in the North West. I have been a season ticket holder for 30 years - one of the 300,000 at York, and go home and away (and Europe - including Lokeren and Poznan) whenever I can. I have lived in London all that time, and have personally subsidised Virgin and now Avanti, and this season, for example have not missed a game, home or away - including some long painful journeys to see shite like Southampton and yesterday - not just the 'glamour' games. However, for a midweek game - as everyone knows, the trains stop running back to London by half time, and most of our motorways are down to a single lane for 'night works' by 10pm. Getting home at 3am to be at work at 8am, is not an ideal scenario to have to experience every other week. Before the Ticket Exchange, I used to give my card to the guy I have sat next to since we were together at Maine Road, and he will use it for free to make sure my seat is always full for the games I couldn't get to. With the exchange, if he cant use it - I will post it for sale, but to penalise those Blues who cant just jump on a tram every game, is deeply unfair (as some are suggesting, for example not allowing us to renew if we exchange more than 10 games). The shifting fixture list, the lack of parking, the queues to get in, the restrictions on bags into the Stadium for those on 3 hour train journeys, let alone the travel nightmare are enough reason for many long-distance Blues to have dropped season tickets. But for those of us still trying - If we don't bother to fill our seats when we cant go - by all means, have a go - but most of us try to make sure our seat is full, if we cant get there.

We had our first kid last June, who was born with a fully treatable disability but requires a lot of work getting him into a brace before bed, so a babysitter is out of the question - we take it in turns going, so one of our tickets is always free. Her brothers are in uni a couple of hours away so can't make every game.

In previous seasons, whichever one of us was going would just take the free season cards into town and hand them off to friends who would meet us. Not anymore as we don't have a printer at home and the tickets are on our phones.

I can't be bothered faffing about with the club's shambles of ticketing. So blame them that our three seats are rarely filled.

We will probably give up two of them next season anyway as this is the most disengaged I've ever felt from the club. Sick of all the moaning directed at fans when the club is actively trying to make it more difficult to fill the ground.

This is how i feel, We have three season tickets and up until this season when one of us couldnt go we could always lend the card to a friend or another family member. Now i have to get them to register with city etc and i just cant be bothered with this nonsense. So we have had several empty seats this season due to the club making something very simple much more of a hassle. I know this also applies to several who also sit round us.

Could be our last season as season ticket holders.

I mentioned in another thread last week that a few fans I know seem to feel a growing ‘disconnect’ from the club and quite a few have sacked it off altogether or are seriously thinking about it, despite many being home and away veterans since the 80s and 90s. Whether that’s a result of external unconnected factors such as age, re-evaluation of priorities in the post Covid world, or simply the expense and hassle of getting to and getting into the stadium these days, it definitely appears to be a growing feeling, particularly among local ‘legacy fans’

For me it's all the minor seemingly trivial micro-aggressions that are eroding at my enjoyment of going.

First game of the season for example, they want us all in early to avoid queues so offer half price booze from 1-2 (not 1 until kickoff, 1 hour and then prices return to normal the hour before kickoff). Then they don't open the bloody turnstile s until 1:30.

Ssl3 booze queues. The token system is great, but one game I'm told season card discounts are no longer a thing, the next game I'm overhearing people using their season cards for discounts.

It's just generally mismanaged and with all the little annoying things mounting up each season, they've royally fucked it with the mobile ticketing and incompetent ticket office.

Honestly, I'm getting to the point that the whole thing just seems like I'm wasting a few hours I could be spending with my 16 month old.

thought some1 demanded a card 1 and got it , was on facebook or mancityfans net then a few others did this and got it

I said at the time and was shouted down that cheap season tickets would cause more half hearted fans to pick & choose games they could be arsed coming to.

Not sure what the answer is, halfway up SS3 there's people missing every game, not always the same game but unless what is perceived top match it's rarely full.

Maybe charge more and a rebate for actually attending but, I'd have visions of people bleeping in with 3 cards to make sure they didn't miss out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.