James McAtee | On loan at Sheffield United

We got him because United were absolute shite. They had his brother and released him and only then when he went to a new club did his father realise how badly coached he had been and couldn’t have James going through the same. Nothing to do with form for moving.

His Dad and his brother are United fans. James is a City fan. That doesn`t mean money wont sway his decision on where he eventually plays.

again that makes no sense. you make no points to contradict me. he has no individual skills on his own to make a difference. he needs a good coach and system to stand out. put him in a burnley side and see what difference mcatee makes. he is not like KDB or Foden who can stand out in any team
^
the fuck is this clueless thing?

Some strange posts here and it's hard to believe that some people have seen him play. He has vision, technique, balance, finishing ability and dribbling skills. Allied to that, he is scoring goals and lots of them. He clearly is on the cusp of becoming a very good professional and he already has suitors that we know of. In my view, he has earned his chance, as has Palmer, and I hope that he is given it as there will be a time when his patience, or probably his family/agent's patience will wear out and that is always a risk because we are pursuing trophies at the highest levels of the game.

I have always said that it means a little more to me to bring through top-quality local players than to guarantee trophies. I suspect it's because I was born in Moss Side in 1968 and we won nothing for most of that time. Regardless, there is something special about 'one of your own' becoming a star.

Some strange posts here and it's hard to believe that some people have seen him play. He has vision, technique, balance, finishing ability and dribbling skills. Allied to that, he is scoring goals and lots of them. He clearly is on the cusp of becoming a very good professional and he already has suitors that we know of. In my view, he has earned his chance, as has Palmer, and I hope that he is given it as there will be a time when his patience, or probably his family/agent's patience will wear out and that is always a risk because we are pursuing trophies at the highest levels of the game.

I have always said that it means a little more to me to bring through top-quality local players than to guarantee trophies. I suspect it's because I was born in Moss Side in 1968 and we won nothing for most of that time. Regardless, there is something special about 'one of your own' becoming a star.
palmer has more individual standout qualities than mcatee and that is a fact.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.