VAR Thread - 2021/22

So now we have VAR I presume we just have to accept the shit decisions they churn out now do we ?

Jesus's none penalty yesterday
Rinaldo's tackle on KDB, no red card
Brighton's offside goal
Milner's none sending off
Laporte's sending off

So using your logic, without VAR we could quite easily conclude that all of the above would have have been called correctly then?

All recent incidents in games involving my team and all decisions that went against my team.

Again, you could quite easily say they cost us 2 points against the dippers and 3 points against Palace.

Those 5 points would have put us clear at the top of the league..

Football is suffering with the addition of the shitshow that is VAR.

VAR has not improved the game sufficiently to claim it's a success.

When it's taking 3 minutes to award / disallow a goal then the game has gone..

Our manager knows exactly what's going on.

Did you see his recent interview ?

Probably not because you can't watch everything can you ?

You conveniently miss all the shit calls we cop for time and again but live on this forum.

I would have thought you'd take the time to learn a bit about City to be honest, watch a game or two, get s feel for how we are refereed.

Understand how City fans feel, pick up the vibe, but no, you can't be arsed really can you.

Just another internet wind up merchant with nothing better to do..

Why are you hanging around on here ?

right, I'll give this my honest and best shot

no doubt it's a waste of time because you will give me a barage of abuse and call me a wum etc, also you will never accept VAR and believe the games corrupt. so in a way it's like trying to teach an anti vaxxer the benefits of a vaccine.

anyhow. lets go

So now we have VAR I presume we just have to accept the shit decisions they churn out now do we ?

very good question. I would say not - but you do have to accept people and officials see things different to your perspective - like many city fans on here would say a certain incident was a foul or wasn't - there are many grey areas in football and so so many factors when decisions are taking into account. I believe VAR is the best way to reduce the amount of 'wrong' decisions but can accept there's no way of getting everything 100% correct, i would still prefer the reduced option over loads wrong.

I've watched the incident, at first clear penalty - but on slow mo., Telles does get a touch to the ball, it is the faintest of all touches but he definitely gets the ball first and Jesus goes over. if there was no touch to the ball, I believe VAR would have gave it. if there was NO touch to the ball and no VAR the ref as shown would not have given it.

Ronaldo's tackle on KDB, no red card

I would like to have seen a Red for this, just because it's pure petulance from Ronaldo - obviously frustrated City running rings around Utd all day, I agree with Sinclair on this - it is a 'coward’s challenge' , I think he gets away with it as KDB already going down from previous challenge and slid in 1 foot. still, i'd like ref to gave that red.

Brighton's offside goal

i can't find the footage for this. Dermot Gallagher explains as follows. i don't know, cant find it to judge.

“People will say ‘why wasn’t the offside given in the build-up’, well I think it’s too far back. It's not a time issue, it's about whether the defence have a chance to reset."

“If you watch, the ball goes back, it goes sideways and it goes back again, so the decision is they have time to reset so they don’t go that far back to the offside.”

No argument here, 100% a yellow card and should of been off, the ref saw it clearly and bottled it.

Laporte's sending off

Zaha would have been through on goal and he was last man, i can see why given.

So using your logic, without VAR we could quite easily conclude that all of the above would have have been called correctly then?

without VAR the list of bad decisions over a weekend wouldn't fit on this page, now bad decisions are majorly highlighted (and rightly so) because of VAR

Is it though ? are attendances down ? are viewing figures down ? Football is absolutely huge and that's why billionaires are buying mid table clubs in the prem. VAR has not dented the enjoyment level for most, i totally understand many don't prefer it though.

This was the case last season, but this season ? the speed of decision has massively increased and will look at ways to increase over time. it's improving a lot.

Then why can he not clearly explain and really call it that there is corruption ? why is he allowing Man City to play if he knows the officials are actively against the club - honestly, i would want him to do this if he knows something and has proof. All managers moan about refs decisions, var decisions etc. Klopp was saying VAR was against them against West Ham the other day.

I would have thought you'd take the time to learn a bit about City to be honest, watch a game or two

Love watching City, saw that game v united, was like watching a training match. will try and take note in future of refs decision etc , but i do think all clubs feel hard done by and that the refs against them

this is interesting to follow and updates
How VAR decisions have affected every Premier League club in 2021-22 (espn.co.uk)

totally accept I’m in the minority on this one on here.

Last edited:
Your own words - 'VAR is far from perfect and many decisions I’m in disagreement with as well.

'for me, it hasn’t ‘killed football’, i still enjoy it just the same and when VAR correctly rules out a goal for or against my club I am more than happy with that as it’s fair and ultimately that’s all I want in the game'.

VAR was sold to the fans as a system to eradicate wrong and poor decisions. Whilst some VAR decisions have proven to be right there are still plenty that leave fans baffled and that is the crux of the matter.

Why was Evans only shown a yellow but Laporte a red?

Why does one player offside in the build up not count one week but counts the following?

Why did Oliver turn down a penalty this week for Dortmund only to reverse his own decision to give an imaginary foul?

The list can go on and on and whilst it's fine to say look at the decisions VAR has helped to get right, that is what is was supposedly designed for.

Why is it still getting so many wrong?

Why aren't the refs miked up as they are in rugby, cricket, etc?

Why are some lower league clubs denied promotion because their stadium is not up to a required standard yet two of the biggest clubs in the PL are allowed to have no screens in the stadium?

Why is the technology used for VAR not fit for purpose when it comes to offside when the correct technology is available?

How can you be happy when a goal for your team is ruled out despite it being wrong and everyone knows it's wrong?

Why was our goal against Norwich ruled out earlier this season as no fucker knows?

When you have managed to sensibly answer the above I might start to take you seriously. I know you are on here to wind people up, I just hope you can see some sense and stop digging a hole which is now so deep you can probably fit the swamp in. Have a different view by all means but just admit that the system has been poor, isn't getting better and should be revamped.
Perfectly put

Couple questions ..

Was it corrupt before VAR ? Why would they need to bring it in when they can give any decision they want without the use of VAR ?

Why do you still bother watching a sport that your convinced is corrupt ?
You NEVER answer questions towards you. I’m sure a Tory politician

right, I'll give this my honest and best shot

no doubt it's a waste of time because you will give me a barage of abuse and call me a wum etc, also you will never accept VAR and believe the games corrupt. so in a way it's like trying to teach an anti vaxxer the benefits of a vaccine.

anyhow. lets go

very good question. I would say not - but you do have to accept people and officials see things different to your perspective - like many city fans on here would say a certain incident was a foul or wasn't - there are many grey areas in football and so so many factors when decisions are taking into account. I believe VAR is the best way to reduce the amount of 'wrong' decisions but can accept there's no way of getting everything 100% correct, i would still prefer the reduced option over loads wrong.

I've watched the incident, at first clear penalty - but on slow mo., Telles does get a touch to the ball, it is the faintest of all touches but he definitely gets the ball first and Jesus goes over. if there was no touch to the ball, I believe VAR would have gave it. if there was NO touch to the ball and no VAR the ref as shown would not have given it.

Ronaldo's tackle on KDB, no red card

I would like to have seen a Red for this, just because it's pure petulance from Ronaldo - obviously frustrated City running rings around Utd all day, I agree with Sinclair on this - it is a 'coward’s challenge' , I think he gets away with it as KDB already going down from previous challenge and slid in 1 foot. still, i'd like ref to gave that red.

Brighton's offside goal

i can't find the footage for this. Dermot Gallagher explains as follows. i don't know, cant find it to judge.

“People will say ‘why wasn’t the offside given in the build-up’, well I think it’s too far back. It's not a time issue, it's about whether the defence have a chance to reset."

“If you watch, the ball goes back, it goes sideways and it goes back again, so the decision is they have time to reset so they don’t go that far back to the offside.”

No argument here, 100% a yellow card and should of been off, the ref saw it clearly and bottled it.

Laporte's sending off

Zaha would have been through on goal and he was last man, i can see why given.

without VAR the list of bad decisions over a weekend wouldn't fit on this page, now bad decisions are majorly highlighted (and rightly so) because of VAR

Is it though ? are attendances down ? are viewing figures down ? Football is absolutely huge and that's why billionaires are buying mid table clubs in the prem. VAR has not dented the enjoyment level for most, i totally understand many don't prefer it though.

This was the case last season, but this season ? the speed of decision has massively increased and will look at ways to increase over time. it's improving a lot.

Then why can he not clearly explain and really call it that there is corruption ? why is he allowing Man City to play if he knows the officials are actively against the club - honestly, i would want him to do this if he knows something and has proof. All managers moan about refs decisions, var decisions etc. Klopp was saying VAR was against them against West Ham the other day.

I would have thought you'd take the time to learn a bit about City to be honest, watch a game or two

Love watching City, saw that game v united, was like watching a training match. will try and take note in future of refs decision etc , but i do think all clubs feel hard done by and that the refs against them

this is interesting to follow and updates
How VAR decisions have affected every Premier League club in 2021-22 (espn.co.uk)

totally accept I’m in the minority on this one on here.
Great post hammer.

You're not alone in thinking VAR has been good for the game overall. Many of us here think it isn't perfect though.

Relating to this response In particular, there is definitely evidence that something sinister is going on. We were reminded today by @Trevor Morley's Tache of an incident from last season, when Foden was fouled by the Southampton goalkeeper for a clear penalty, yet VAR did not intervene. The score was 1-1 at the time.

Mark Halsey said the Match Commander (not even a qualified referee) told the VAR official not to refer it back to the referee.

This is clearly corrupt, if it happened. Yet there has been no investigation, no denial, no acceptance, no apology, nothing from PGMOL to explain themselves. We are just left with the clear implication that something is not right. Whilst things like this are happening, is it any wonder that City fans don't trust VAR or its operators?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.