VAR Thread - 2021/22

right, I'll give this my honest and best shot

no doubt it's a waste of time because you will give me a barage of abuse and call me a wum etc, also you will never accept VAR and believe the games corrupt. so in a way it's like trying to teach an anti vaxxer the benefits of a vaccine.

anyhow. lets go

So now we have VAR I presume we just have to accept the shit decisions they churn out now do we ?

very good question. I would say not - but you do have to accept people and officials see things different to your perspective - like many city fans on here would say a certain incident was a foul or wasn't - there are many grey areas in football and so so many factors when decisions are taking into account. I believe VAR is the best way to reduce the amount of 'wrong' decisions but can accept there's no way of getting everything 100% correct, i would still prefer the reduced option over loads wrong.

Jesus's none penalty yesterday

I've watched the incident, at first clear penalty - but on slow mo., Telles does get a touch to the ball, it is the faintest of all touches but he definitely gets the ball first and Jesus goes over. if there was no touch to the ball, I believe VAR would have gave it. if there was NO touch to the ball and no VAR the ref as shown would not have given it.

Ronaldo's tackle on KDB, no red card

I would like to have seen a Red for this, just because it's pure petulance from Ronaldo - obviously frustrated City running rings around Utd all day, I agree with Sinclair on this - it is a 'coward’s challenge' , I think he gets away with it as KDB already going down from previous challenge and slid in 1 foot. still, i'd like ref to gave that red.

Brighton's offside goal

i can't find the footage for this. Dermot Gallagher explains as follows. i don't know, cant find it to judge.

“People will say ‘why wasn’t the offside given in the build-up’, well I think it’s too far back. It's not a time issue, it's about whether the defence have a chance to reset."

“If you watch, the ball goes back, it goes sideways and it goes back again, so the decision is they have time to reset so they don’t go that far back to the offside.”

Milner's none sending off

No argument here, 100% a yellow card and should of been off, the ref saw it clearly and bottled it.

Laporte's sending off

Zaha would have been through on goal and he was last man, i can see why given.

So using your logic, without VAR we could quite easily conclude that all of the above would have have been called correctly then?

without VAR the list of bad decisions over a weekend wouldn't fit on this page, now bad decisions are majorly highlighted (and rightly so) because of VAR

Football is suffering with the addition of the shitshow that is VAR.

Is it though ? are attendances down ? are viewing figures down ? Football is absolutely huge and that's why billionaires are buying mid table clubs in the prem. VAR has not dented the enjoyment level for most, i totally understand many don't prefer it though.

When it's taking 3 minutes to award / disallow a goal then the game has gone..

This was the case last season, but this season ? the speed of decision has massively increased and will look at ways to increase over time. it's improving a lot.

Our manager knows exactly what's going on.

Then why can he not clearly explain and really call it that there is corruption ? why is he allowing Man City to play if he knows the officials are actively against the club - honestly, i would want him to do this if he knows something and has proof. All managers moan about refs decisions, var decisions etc. Klopp was saying VAR was against them against West Ham the other day.

I would have thought you'd take the time to learn a bit about City to be honest, watch a game or two

Love watching City, saw that game v united, was like watching a training match. will try and take note in future of refs decision etc , but i do think all clubs feel hard done by and that the refs against them

this is interesting to follow and updates
How VAR decisions have affected every Premier League club in 2021-22 (espn.co.uk)

totally accept I’m in the minority on this one on here.
Ref the Jesus non-penalty:

There is NOTHING in the LOTG that automatically rules out a foul if the tackling player gets a touch on the ball first. That is a complete misnomer, and often used to justify not giving fouls.

The defender did get a toe on the ball, but it wasn't enough to disposes Jesus. Catching the player in the follow through he prevented him from continuing his attacking run which is a clear foul.

no doubt it's a waste of time because you will give me a barage of abuse and call me a wum etc, also you will never accept VAR and believe the games corrupt. so in a way it's like trying to teach an anti vaxxer the benefits of a vaccine.

anyhow. lets go

So now we have VAR I presume we just have to accept the shit decisions they churn out now do we ?

very good question. I would say not - but you do have to accept people and officials see things different to your perspective - like many city fans on here would say a certain incident was a foul or wasn't - there are many grey areas in football and so so many factors when decisions are taking into account. I believe VAR is the best way to reduce the amount of 'wrong' decisions but can accept there's no way of getting everything 100% correct, i would still prefer the reduced option over loads wrong.

I've watched the incident, at first clear penalty - but on slow mo., Telles does get a touch to the ball, it is the faintest of all touches but he definitely gets the ball first and Jesus goes over. if there was no touch to the ball, I believe VAR would have gave it. if there was NO touch to the ball and no VAR the ref as shown would not have given it.

I would like to have seen a Red for this, just because it's pure petulance from Ronaldo - obviously frustrated City running rings around Utd all day, I agree with Sinclair on this - it is a 'coward’s challenge' , I think he gets away with it as KDB already going down from previous challenge and slid in 1 foot. still, i'd like ref to gave that red.

Brighton's offside goal

i can't find the footage for this. Dermot Gallagher explains as follows. i don't know, cant find it to judge.

“People will say ‘why wasn’t the offside given in the build-up’, well I think it’s too far back. It's not a time issue, it's about whether the defence have a chance to reset."

“If you watch, the ball goes back, it goes sideways and it goes back again, so the decision is they have time to reset so they don’t go that far back to the offside.”

No argument here, 100% a yellow card and should of been off, the ref saw it clearly and bottled it.

Laporte's sending off

So using your logic, without VAR we could quite easily conclude that all of the above would have have been called correctly then?

without VAR the list of bad decisions over a weekend wouldn't fit on this page, now bad decisions are majorly highlighted (and rightly so) because of VAR

Is it though ? are attendances down ? are viewing figures down ? Football is absolutely huge and that's why billionaires are buying mid table clubs in the prem. VAR has not dented the enjoyment level for most, i totally understand many don't prefer it though.

This was the case last season, but this season ? the speed of decision has massively increased and will look at ways to increase over time. it's improving a lot.

Then why can he not clearly explain and really call it that there is corruption ? why is he allowing Man City to play if he knows the officials are actively against the club - honestly, i would want him to do this if he knows something and has proof. All managers moan about refs decisions, var decisions etc. Klopp was saying VAR was against them against West Ham the other day.

I would have thought you'd take the time to learn a bit about City to be honest, watch a game or two

Love watching City, saw that game v united, was like watching a training match. will try and take note in future of refs decision etc , but i do think all clubs feel hard done by and that the refs against them

How VAR decisions have affected every Premier League club in 2021-22 (espn.co.uk)

Hi Ric, tbh I thought the post count the last few days had been pretty good, the Derby and all that, but your the boss.

Ref the Jesus non-penalty:

There is NOTHING in the LOTG that automatically rules out a foul if the tackling player gets a touch on the ball first. That is a complete misnomer, and often used to justify not giving fouls.

The defender did get a toe on the ball, but it wasn't enough to disposes Jesus. Catching the player in the follow through he prevented him from continuing his attacking run which is a clear foul.
Quite correct. Getting a touch on the ball does not preclude committing a foul. Ronaldo got a touch on the ball at the end of the game, but he still fouled KDB (who was already on the floor) and he received a caution. It happens all the time.

You're not alone in thinking VAR has been good for the game overall. Many of us here think it isn't perfect though.

Relating to this response In particular, there is definitely evidence that something sinister is going on. We were reminded today by @Trevor Morley's Tache of an incident from last season, when Foden was fouled by the Southampton goalkeeper for a clear penalty, yet VAR did not intervene. The score was 1-1 at the time.

Mark Halsey said the Match Commander (not even a qualified referee) told the VAR official not to refer it back to the referee.

This is clearly corrupt, if it happened. Yet there has been no investigation, no denial, no acceptance, no apology, nothing from PGMOL to explain themselves. We are just left with the clear implication that something is not right. Whilst things like this are happening, is it any wonder that City fans don't trust VAR or its operators?

good post.
that really is shambolic and that match commander should be forced to explain why he gave that decision.
it’s really the opposite to what I want and I hope they’ve learnt from that that only the official VAR refs can give verdicts. Could it be a case of a huge embarrassing mix up? Or is it plain corruption? I really don’t know, I hope for the sake of the game I love it’s not the latter.

As I say and stand by though, all I want is a ref who is unsure of a decision or didn’t see the incident to get some help, whether viewing a monitor or asking other officials with better angles.
if there’s corruption involved - it’s highlighted more with VAR.

good post.
that really is shambolic and that match commander should be forced to explain why he gave that decision.
it’s really the opposite to what I want and I hope they’ve learnt from that that only the official VAR refs can give verdicts. Could it be a case of a huge embarrassing mix up? Or is it plain corruption? I really don’t know, I hope for the sake of the game I love it’s not the latter.

As I say and stand by though, all I want is a ref who is unsure of a decision or didn’t see the incident to get some help, whether viewing a monitor or asking other officials with better angles.
if there’s corruption involved - it’s highlighted more with VAR.
The fact the PiGMOL are so reluctant to any form of transparency or independent oversight leads me to believe it's the latter.

Salah dived for the free kick that TAA scored from which is could be construed as a 'clear and obvious error' leading to a goal.

he made the most of it as usual, but Rice did clip him, see why given.
In the same game, Cresswell was pretty reckless with his tackle - why wouldn’t the corrupt officials just send one of our players off?
Or why don’t they scrap VAR (to make everyone happy) then just blow up and give a dodgy decision and penalty whenever they feel like it. Far easier.
Liverpool corner, everyone mixing in box. Ref can point to spot. No questions asked. That’s what was happening before and would happen again.

anyhow. lets go

Brighton's offside goal

Laporte's sending off

Your 'honest and best shot' counts for Jack shit.

Everything you've spent 2 days compiling in response to my post can 100% be flipped over.

Why wasn't the Brighton player flagged offside during regular play then ?

VAR are hiding behind "too many phases of play in the build-up", it wasn't even a marginal decision ffs, he was well offside..

Laporte was sent off but Evans playing for Leicester against the tarquins wasn't for exactly the same tackle..

Why was this, where's the continuity ?

Judas is a cnut..!

If course Pep knows what's going on..

Our chairman knows what's going on..

Did you not read how we cheated FFP, overvalued our sponsorship deals and bent the rules ?

This shit hung over my club for years before we then cleared out name at the CAS which pissed off the red shirts immesurably..

It's as plain as the nose on your face what's going on.

The rags got something like 20 odd penalties in 30 odd games which pushed them into s top 4 position a couple of seasons ago.. A PL record that will never be beaten, until of course they need another leg up which looking at the way they're playing at the moment is nigh on guaranteed to be incoming..

Fkin scandalous that was.. I've not forgot, you probably can't even remember..

Why do you think City haven't exposed this ?

We'd be hung, drawn and quartered..

Listen to what our manager recently said and engage your brain, I'm sure you'll be able to work it out for yourself what subliminal message Pep was putting across, then again, maybe not..

Pre VAR you keep mentioning the loads of wrong decisions the refs were giving..

In all my time watching football, I can safely say that since the shitshow that's VAR rolled up, there has been more controversial decisions than previously given by far.

Every week there's are talking points regarding VAR, there were at least 2 in our game at the weekend ffs.

The non penalty - it matters not that the rag defender feathered the ball first, the aggressiveness of the tackle warranted a penalty kick and a yellow card..

It wasn't even reviewed ffs..

CRap7's late tackle on KDB warranted more than the yellow card Oliver dished out..

Football is suffering..

I don't know if you actually go to games, I'm not interest to be to be honest but if you seriously think, waiting 3 minutes after a 'goal' has been scored for it to be then chalked off is an enhancement to the match going experience then football is obviously not your bag.

Read the countless City supporters comments on here where they state that they don't celebrate goals anymore because of VAR..

How sad is that ? , not being able to celebrate a goal your team has scored because you are waiting for some faceless, unaccountable **** in a room 200 miles away to make his mind up to allow it or not..

Football's not suffered you say ?

Really ?

Clueless..!

he made the most of it as usual, but Rice did clip him, see why given.
In the same game, Cresswell was pretty reckless with his tackle - why wouldn’t the corrupt officials just send one of our players off?
What happened to that 'brief' period of letting the game flow?

Rice barely touched him. It was embarrassing from Salah and even more so from the referee for falling for it.

As for sending off a player I don't know. Maybe they don't want to make it too obvious?

WTF is going on with VAR this season? The above is a stone cold penalty - an obvious on-field error. And yet, VAR lets it go.

VAR has improved IMO from last season - but it's now swung way too far in supporting on field decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.