Stupid little things that bug you

‘Infant English’

My 7 year old Nephew has recently grown out of using “done” instead of “did”. He’s not a particularly gifted child, quite standard really. He’s 7 and has a reading age of 7. But he now knows when to use the correct word for the past tense of do.

Anyone older than this who doesn’t (not “don’t”!) understand this past age of about 7 - okay, I’ll give them a year’s grace and say 8 - should be described as someone who speaks ‘Infant English’, and it should be seen as a speech impediment that needs correcting.

Any adults who speak like this should be ashamed of themselves! These football pundits on tele sound like idiots. Automatically makes me think, if they’re that thick I’m not going to take a blind bit of notice of their opinions.
Totally agree, if kids are exposed to this sort of language then almost certainly they are going to mimic it, especially if they are interested in sport or music. Football pundits for sure are that thick on the whole, we know the usual suspects of course.

Keown during last night's match between Bolton and Stockport was a great case in point! "The boy done well" - "They play it long and then build the play" just a couple of the idiotic statements.

Clubs who suddenly fill their grounds for a cup tie or big game , then suddenly pronounce their fans are the best in the world. See Stockport getting over 10k last and buzzing their tits off about it . No mention of where these extra 4k have been hiding for the last 5 years.
Agreed. Happens all the time with commentary when City play a lower league team in the cup. The commentators go on about how great the fans are but when they’re playing in their league and for 49 games out of 50, there’s often 60%-70% less of them and it’s dead.

Clubs who suddenly fill their grounds for a cup tie or big game , then suddenly pronounce their fans are the best in the world. See Stockport getting over 10k last and buzzing their tits off about it . No mention of where these extra 4k have been hiding for the last 5 years.
And were not most of those 'Bolton' fans regulars at the Etihad - they seem to have fucked off halfway through second half of ET.

People who leave things up,Hallow'en decorations,Christmas decorations, red noses on cars etc. I saw a remembrance window display in a shop today and 2 cars with big Poppy's attached to the car grill.

It's started again this morning and it won't stop till spring. My neighbour won't clear frost on her car window the way most people do (warm water or scraping it off), no, she sits in her car for 15 minutes until the aircon has finally melted it all away. Gormless cow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.