Religion

Polythesistic societies where city states ot local towns could be near completely athiest did in the ancient world.

Ot was only when the narrow minded monothelistic religions took control did it all go to shit and became about money and land grabs for those running the religion, and power not freedom of belief
When and where were these utopian societies that didn’t care about power, money or land before the Abrahamic religions?

fake belief system to keep society in order. Probably true back in the day. But not now - most of the country aren’t arsed about religion and everything still ticks along as normal.
Christianity is still over 53% in the UK and Islam and Hinduism between themselves make around another 5%. How much people are practicing is another question but they’re stating they belong to that faith.

Ok so which societies cared less about power, money and land before the Abrahamic religions?
Genuine recommendation you read Sapiens

Power, money and land concerns (in the context you’re referring) are a byproduct of the agricultural revolution which started circa 10,000BC. (Or ~6,000 years before the earth was officially created)

Ok so which societies cared less about power, money and land before the Abrahamic religions?

You claimed societies without religion don't last long, and tied it to the monoleistic fiaths you were incorrect, as societies flourished long before them.

I added as an aside thelat said monleistic religions are money grabbing power hungry con jobs, I never mentioned utopias or that other societies don't crave money, pand and power.

The fact is you don't need religion to function as a civilised society

Christianity is still over 53% in the UK and Islam and Hinduism between themselves make around another 5%. How much people are practicing is another question but they’re stating they belong to that faith.
That figure used to be close to 100%.

And the figure is actually more around 38%, not 53%, at least according to the last census.

Religion is on the decline.

That's start my saying I am not religious.

My dad was, on his death bed the hospice bought a preacher in to say prayers as my dad was withering around in bed in so much pain from cancer. I can remember watching with this anger build up inside of me. I dont understand if you believe in a god why is he making my dad suffer so much.

My missus is religious, not the church going type apart from xmas eve ( I wait in the local pub ).
She watches religious films and programs. One day I just said this film is like a 2000 year old Harry Potter film, parting the sea, two fish to feed hundreds. I just got that look !

Now I have been working closely with the Salvation Army, helping with the food banks and doing any thing to help. This has been though work I add.
They are really nice people and do great work, and are just normal people who you can have a laugh with.

I dont like the religious groups that want the ram their beliefs down your throat. I find them scary.

I dont like the way the local church is always wanting to raise money to repair the roof and these little old ladies give money etc. The CofE is so wealthy, owns land, churches, etc yet it expects the poorest and perhaps the most vulnerable to give them money.

I am just very wary of people who want to believe in something they have never seen. A book written 2000 years ago.

If it brings people happiness etc than I have no problems with that. But I read of child abuse within the church, those American preachers that con money out of people and these organisations want me to live like that and give them money, jog on !

I believe in living a good life, helping out people, being polite and kind just being nice and thoughtful. Just trying to be a decent human being. I dont need a 2000 year book and rules for that !.

That's start my saying I am not religious.

My dad was, on his death bed the hospice bought a preacher in to say prayers as my dad was withering around in bed in so much pain from cancer. I can remember watching with this anger build up inside of me. I dont understand if you believe in a god why is he making my dad suffer so much.

My missus is religious, not the church going type apart from xmas eve ( I wait in the local pub ).
She watches religious films and programs. One day I just said this film is like a 2000 year old Harry Potter film, parting the sea, two fish to feed hundreds. I just got that look !

Now I have been working closely with the Salvation Army, helping with the food banks and doing any thing to help. This has been though work I add.
They are really nice people and do great work, and are just normal people who you can have a laugh with.

I dont like the religious groups that want the ram their beliefs down your throat. I find them scary.

I dont like the way the local church is always wanting to raise money to repair the roof and these little old ladies give money etc. The CofE is so wealthy, owns land, churches, etc yet it expects the poorest and perhaps the most vulnerable to give them money.

I am just very wary of people who want to believe in something they have never seen. A book written 2000 years ago.

If it brings people happiness etc than I have no problems with that. But I read of child abuse within the church, those American preachers that con money out of people and these organisations want me to live like that and give them money, jog on !

I believe in living a good life, helping out people, being polite and kind just being nice and thoughtful. Just trying to be a decent human being. I dont need a 2000 year book and rules for that !.
Amen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.