Paris Saint-Germain (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Agreed, but my god they should be with that talent. Defensively i think they are superb right across their back 4, but those forward 3 just didnt wanna know and any midfield with Herrera in it is just not good enough. Thats 4 games over the last 8 months we've played them and at no point in any of those games have i ever thought anything other than 'we are a much better team'.
If City or Pep had Neymar and Mbappe they'd be integrated into the side. Pep wouldn't sign Messi. His legs have gone. PSG are a dysfunctional side. I don't think I have ever seen a team play like that. It was basically a back 8 and a front 3 and a huge disconnect between them. I think that's why city were so good at pressing them back in the 1st half. We were numerically overwhelming them and they couldn't get out.

Great result but I am thankful we didn't sign Messi. Barely moved from the centre circle and it wouldn't surprise me if Ederson clocked up more yards moving. Need to clamp down on all their diving etc and the game doesn't need to stop just because someone goes down feigning injury.

Official Attendance: 52,030

It looked completely full to me. Maybe a few more seats than usual lost to segregation.

Fantastic team performance with everyone giving 110% +.

Walker was on a mission - brilliant.
Gundo - outstanding
Sterling - excellent
The rest were only fantastic.

Great, great effort.

Reactions: CC1
Official Attendance: 52,030

It looked completely full to me. Maybe a few more seats than usual lost to segregation.
It’s reduced for champs league. PSG didn’t fill the away end completely.

Last edited:
I know it's trite and unscientific but fucking hell, we are due a bit of luck in the Champions League.

I think we will win it this year.

The final this season is in St Petersburg, which is Manchester's longest-established twin city and in 2022 that relationship will be 60 years old. It's written in the stars!

As thick as a fucking whale omelette.
We were the better team by a mile but PSG defended well. Simple as that.
Jesus should have added a third but overall we looked far better than a side that has reached the final and semi-final in the past couple of seasons.
As for tourists: Our block was full of them, but the block was far more full on 90 minutes than it usually is which has to be a good thing.
A French couple sat near us in CB 2 but they had separate seats, we did a bit of musical chairs and got them sat together, they were very friendly and we were surprised they were actually supporting City, genuinely, loved it.

If City or Pep had Neymar and Mbappe they'd be integrated into the side. Pep wouldn't sign Messi. His legs have gone. PSG are a dysfunctional side. I don't think I have ever seen a team play like that. It was basically a back 8 and a front 3 and a huge disconnect between them. I think that's why city were so good at pressing them back in the 1st half. We were numerically overwhelming them and they couldn't get out.
So many times they got the back at the back from Navas and they have a back 4 that can play but that front 3 were all just static on the half way line offering nothing. I think once or twice they beat City's press and sprung into life, but that was so few and far between it was pathetic. Messi looked a sorry state of a player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.